Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Bus Stop Farce  (Read 94494 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: The Bus Stop Farce
« Reply #528 on: December 15, 2020, 09:16:27 PM »
Advertisement
I take it this means you can't answer my question. Got it!

You lot seem far more invested in what witnesses didn't say

« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 09:30:38 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #528 on: December 15, 2020, 09:16:27 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #529 on: December 15, 2020, 09:32:56 PM »
'Irrelevant'
>>> No it isn't when my point—which I've made several times in this thread— is that affidavits are not meant to be full testimonies given that they are not Q&A. And how was she to know—at the time of her affidavit—that the shirt would eventually become so important?

I have understood your point fully. And she couldn't know that the shirt would become important. And that's exactly my point. She did not mention the shirt in her affidavit, which is the only document that remained after she told her story to the notary public. In other words, there is no record available to the investigators that would alert them to matter of the shirt. All they knew was that Bledsoe claimed to have seen Oswald on a bus.

So, what motivated the investigators to take Oswald's arrest shirt to Bledsoe's home (which is highly irregular by itself) prior to her WC testimony? Why make the extra effort, when they could have shown her the shirt during her testimony, which is what they actually did.... So, what was the need and which purpose was served by bringing to shirt to her home?

'You are not making sense. If you mean by "shorthand version" her affidavit, she had indeed not mentioned it. So, what reason did they have to assume that the shirt, and nothing else, could refresh her recollection?'
>>> I cannot vouch for any of that, since I wasn't in on The Plot.

So, you agree there was a plot?  Thumb1:

And yes, materials used to refresh recollection are admissible at trial, in some cases, but witness manipulation or influencing prior to testimony is a criminal offence.
>>> I'll take being influenced & manipulated over being fitted for a cement overcoat (in a swimming-with-the fishes sense) any day 

Nonsensical answers are a sign of weakness.

'So, let's try it again, but in a perhaps easier way for you to understand; if I don't tell you about seeing a shirt, what reason would you have to come to my house to show me a shirt and ask me if I recognize it?'
>>> There was a shirt on the loose? If I were you, I wouldn't talk to some stranger who comes to the door with a shirt that has a hole in it

Which only proves the point I made earlier. You make a lot of silly comments but when it comes right down to it you can't (or don't want to) answer a simple question.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 09:46:55 PM by Martin Weidmann »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #530 on: December 15, 2020, 09:33:54 PM »
You lot seem far more invested in what witnesses didn't say

So you can't even get the basics of my question right?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #530 on: December 15, 2020, 09:33:54 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #531 on: December 15, 2020, 10:19:05 PM »
Bottom line: To conspiracy buffs, every tiny bit of minutia in this assassination is sinister and larded with nothing but evil intent.

The little nobody shot Tippit and probably shot the somebody.
Result: Oswald apologists have wasted their lives love'n on a nobody.

It's not about Lee Oswald....  It's about truth and justice...

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #532 on: December 15, 2020, 10:34:10 PM »
Which only proves the point I made earlier. You make a lot of silly comments but when it comes right down to it you can't (or don't want to) answer a simple question.

Says the guy who warned me that he could get me banned after I posted my ‘Operation Sitzgoose’ spoof a few months ago. Based on that, I’d say I’m a major thorn in your side.

Been burning any books lately, Martin?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #532 on: December 15, 2020, 10:34:10 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #533 on: December 15, 2020, 11:07:23 PM »
Says the guy who warned me that he could get me banned after I posted my ‘Operation Sitzgoose’ spoof a few months ago. Based on that, I’d say I’m a major thorn in your side.

Been burning any books lately, Martin?

Stop lying.

You sound like a Trump supporter, claiming there was fraud in the elections but never providing any evidence or even a solid argument for it. Don't you understand that opinions based on mere faith belong in church?

I might just call you Rudy from now on....
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 11:10:26 PM by Martin Weidmann »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #534 on: December 15, 2020, 11:12:38 PM »
So you can't even get the basics of my question right?

The basics of attempting to compare Bledsoe's situation to somebody coming to your door with a shirt in hand, etc are irrelevant

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #534 on: December 15, 2020, 11:12:38 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #535 on: December 15, 2020, 11:15:24 PM »
Stop lying.

You sound like a Trump supporter, claiming there was fraud in the elections but never providing any evidence or even a solid argument for it. Don't you understand that opinions based on mere faith belong in church?

I might just call you Rudy from now on....

Are you sure you didn't warn me with a threat of getting me banned?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 11:16:38 PM by Bill Chapman »