Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: AP "Associated Press" Altgens 6  (Read 12793 times)

Offline Robin Unger

Re: AP "Associated Press" Altgens 6
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2021, 02:06:27 AM »
Advertisement
Statement of Special Agent Paul E. Landis, Jr., United States Secret Service, concerning his activities and official duties on November 22, 1963.

I also thought of trying to run and jump on the President's car but did not think I could make it because of the speed at which we were traveling. I decided I had better stay where I was so that I would at least be near the First Lady, to whom I am assigned. I think that it was at this point that I thought, "Faster, Faster, Faster," thinking that we could not get out of the area soon enough. However, I don't have any idea as to how fast we were then moving.

I had drawn my gun, but I am not sure exactly when I did this. I did leave my suit coat unbuttoned all during the motorcade movement, thinking at the time that I could get to my gun faster this way, if I had to.

I glanced towards the President and he still appeared to be fairly upright in his seat, leaning slightly toward Mrs. Kennedy with his head tilted slightly back. I think Mrs. Kennedy had her right arm around the President's shoulders at this time. I also remember Special Agent Clinton Hill attempting to climb onto the back of the President's car.

It was at this moment that I heard a second report and it appeared that the President's head split open with a muffled exploding sound. I can best describe the sound as I heard it, as the sound you would get by shooting a high powered bullet into a five gallon can of water or shooting into a melon. I saw pieces of flesh and blood flying through the air and the President slumped out of sight towards Mrs. Kennedy.

Statement of Special Agent John D. Ready, Special Agent, United States Secret Service

At this time the US Secret Service follow-up car seemed to slow and I heard someone from inside this car say: "he's shot." I left the follow-up car in the direction of the President's car but was recalled by ATSAIC Emory Roberts (Secret Service) as the cars increased their speeds. I got back on the car and seated myself beside Mr. Roberts in the right front seat. The cars proceeded to the hospital several miles distance.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 02:09:50 AM by Robin Unger »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2021, 02:06:27 AM »

Offline Marjan Rynkiewicz

« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2021, 03:00:52 AM »
Statement of Special Agent Paul E. Landis, Jr., United States Secret Service, concerning his activities and official duties on November 22, 1963.

I also thought of trying to run and jump on the President's car but did not think I could make it because of the speed at which we were traveling. I decided I had better stay where I was so that I would at least be near the First Lady, to whom I am assigned. I think that it was at this point that I thought, "Faster, Faster, Faster," thinking that we could not get out of the area soon enough. However, I don't have any idea as to how fast we were then moving.

I had drawn my gun, but I am not sure exactly when I did this. I did leave my suit coat unbuttoned all during the motorcade movement, thinking at the time that I could get to my gun faster this way, if I had to.

I glanced towards the President and he still appeared to be fairly upright in his seat, leaning slightly toward Mrs. Kennedy with his head tilted slightly back. I think Mrs. Kennedy had her right arm around the President's shoulders at this time. I also remember Special Agent Clinton Hill attempting to climb onto the back of the President's car.

It was at this moment that I heard a second report and it appeared that the President's head split open with a muffled exploding sound. I can best describe the sound as I heard it, as the sound you would get by shooting a high powered bullet into a five gallon can of water or shooting into a melon. I saw pieces of flesh and blood flying through the air and the President slumped out of sight towards Mrs. Kennedy.

Statement of Special Agent John D. Ready, Special Agent, United States Secret Service
At this time the US Secret Service follow-up car seemed to slow and I heard someone from inside this car say: "he's shot." I left the follow-up car in the direction of the President's car but was recalled by ATSAIC Emory Roberts (Secret Service) as the cars increased their speeds. I got back on the car and seated myself beside Mr. Roberts in the right front seat. The cars proceeded to the hospital several miles distance.
Nix definitely shows Landis' foot/feet on the tarmac. But his head is high.
I think he might have just put one foot down briefly, & praps his other foot didn't even leave the running board.
[edit][see Reply#60][Ready & Landis not on tarmac.]
He would have been starting to follow Ready, but he heard Roberts.
In Bronson footage our view of Landis is blocked by McIntyre, or the frame is too blurry, & in Nix we see the head or face (plus foot/feet) of Landis in only 2 frames, hence we dont get to see his reactions to Hickey shooting etc.
Landis heard only 2 shots. Strange. Hill only heard 2 shots but at least he had an excuse.

But why did Kinney look hard right after the head-shot while Hill was in trouble mounting the JFK limo?  This is in Muchmore, not in Nix (in Nix a lady blocks our view of Kinney at that instant)(by my memory).  CTers will say that Kinney was looking towards the picket fence. LNers will have no answer. It wouldn't be simply to have a good look at Ready getting back on board, surely.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 08:56:00 AM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2021, 04:53:29 AM »

The Secret Service car fell back from the Presidential limousine after the head shot. Ready said he was still on the Secret Service car as it "seemed to slow" and after hearing "he's shot". Only then did Ready step off the running board. As well, Roberts places Ready leaving the car after Hill had got to the rear step of the limousine.

"After SA Hill got on rear step of the President's car it appeared
     that SA John Ready was about to follow and go for the right rear
     step, however, I told him not to jump, as we had picked up speed,
     and I was afraid he could not make it."

-- Agent Emory Roberts

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2021, 04:53:29 AM »

« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2021, 07:17:48 AM »
Later, we see Landis down at road level just like Ready, hence Landis has both feet on the road.
We can see McIntyre's head & left leg, he is high up on the running board on the near side.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 08:56:34 AM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »

« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2021, 08:14:58 AM »
I think we may be seeing the reflection of bystanders on the chrome running-board of the Queen Mary.

In the area between the wheels, we can't see any of the sunlit street beyond the JFK limousine and it had comparable clearance to the Queen Mary. Maybe the QM was slightly higher, but Ready's "legs" are in the chrome running-board. The Ready "leg" to camera-left doesn't move relative to the QM, and so is a part of the car.

The QM's running-board was catching quite a bit of sun as it went down Elm.

Yes u are correct there is some kind of reflexion going on, & yes the main "shoe" moves with QM hence it aint a shoe.
However a slo-mo of the footage does show a fraction of an inch of Ready's dark shoes "running" under the reflexion.
And as shown in my previous Reply Landis is low down at Ready's level & leaning forward & definitely running for a bit.
We dont see when they get back on the running board, koz Nix has panned ahead.

Why has Kinney turned hard right?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 08:57:18 AM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2021, 08:14:58 AM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2021, 09:42:51 PM »

I think Ready was standing on the running board and was ducking after he heard the head shot. Very sensible, was Ready.

« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2021, 11:28:56 PM »
I think Ready was standing on the running board and was ducking after he heard the head shot. Very sensible, was Ready.
U can definitely see a fraction of an inch of Ready's dark shoes on the tarmac, doing what shoes do, ie taking steps.
In your overlay of QM u can see an inch of curb under the running board, on the far side of QM, even tho that pix was made from close.
Most of the youtube copies of Nix are lousy, but u can see the dark bit of shoe in good copies like the one in the frame that i showed.
But i admit that it aint very convincing/certain, even the good copies are blurry.

The running board stops near start of door, in my frame Ready is ahead of that point. But it is possible that he is hanging from the handle.
However, look at McIntyre, not worried about the sudden braking of QM at all, standing much higher than Ready & Landis.

However if Roberts is correct then Ready has not yet jumped down, koz Hill aint yet on the limo, ie if Ready jumps down after Nix has panned away from QM.
But i reckon that Roberts aint correct, & i reckon that Nix shows.
[edit][i now agree with Jerry Organ][see Reply#60.]
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 06:45:10 AM by Marjan Rynkiewicz »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2021, 11:28:56 PM »

Offline James Hackerott

« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2021, 04:39:44 AM »
Thanks, that’s right  about what I was  thinking. There is a gentleman or two bending over on the sidewalk about where the epilepsy thing reportedly happened. It appears to me that perhaps that is someone picking up their jacket after the ambulance left? I see white shirt sleeves. And covering someone in distress like that is a common thing to do.
I’ve always had trouble with visualizing the ambulance scene in Bronson, so decided to stabilize the Sixth Floor Museum’s online Bronson film. It was a surprise for me to see Toni Glover with her blue jacket appearing briefly in later frames of the ambulance huddle. Are they lifting the man to his feet? The ambulance lights are flashing at the right of this video crop. A stranger (possibly, but probably not her mother) in black is sitting on the pedestal where Toni will join her shortly. I can’t remember if Dr. Glover ever included this seizure/ambulance scene in her recollections.

edit: Here is a link to 2012 newsgroup discussions with Toni.
https://groups.google.com/g/alt.assassination.jfk/c/hzzhl3fqGS0

« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 09:21:45 PM by James Hackerott »