Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Perception of Reality  (Read 17061 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: Perception of Reality
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2021, 12:00:55 AM »
Advertisement
"In my opinion, the accounts of Tina Towner, Victoria Adams, Howard Brenner, Amos Euins, and some others point to the first shot occurring just before the Zapruder film segment begins."

Talk about cherry-picking of the first order.
You must surely be able to see that.

It's amazing how similar you and Andrew are - both touting flimsy theories based on a handful of cherry picked witnesses and both theories utterly refuted by the Z-Film.

I haven’t even mentioned the very brief stop/start of Hughes’ movie camera at essentially the same time as I believe that the first shot occurs. And the sudden jerks and shutdowns of Dorman’s movie camera which occur at the same times as my estimate for the first shot and a second shot around z224. These are documented by Dale Myers in his synchronization of the films.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2021, 12:00:55 AM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2021, 12:25:53 AM »
I haven’t even mentioned the very brief stop/start of Hughes’ movie camera at essentially the same time as I believe that the first shot occurs. And the sudden jerks and shutdowns of Dorman’s movie camera which occur at the same times as my estimate for the first shot and a second shot around z224. These are documented by Dale Myers in his synchronization of the films.

The Hughes film stop/starts every few seconds, so what?
The Dorman film is all over the place from beginning to end. How can you possibly pick out any single moment and say it is unique?
You are clearly estimating when your predetermined "shot" is occurring in these films, noting what happens at that particular point and assuming it is something to do with the "shot" you have already assumed is happening at that point.
You then present these "observations" as independent corroboration of the assumed "shot" you have used to determine the "observations" in the first place.

Just for an example, can you point out precisely what is unique in the Hughes film that indicates a shot?

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2021, 12:44:57 AM »
The Hughes film stop/starts every few seconds, so what?
The Dorman film is all over the place from beginning to end. How can you possibly pick out any single moment and say it is unique?
You are clearly estimating when your predetermined "shot" is occurring in these films, noting what happens at that particular point and assuming it is something to do with the "shot" you have already assumed is happening at that point.
You then present these "observations" as independent corroboration of the assumed "shot" you have used to determine the "observations" in the first place.

Just for an example, can you point out precisely what is unique in the Hughes film that indicates a shot?

Yes, the stop/start is something like the equivalent of six or seven frames if I remember correctly. A relatively small fraction of a second. This is specified in Dale Myers’ documents, but I don’t remember the exact timing. This is highly unusual and is indicative of a startle reaction to the shot. If I remember correctly, Hughes apparently wasn’t even aware of it.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #66 on: October 09, 2021, 12:44:57 AM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2021, 01:04:28 AM »
But they are all consistent in saying that the first shot occurred when 1. the VP car had just finished the turn (it is still turning when last seen at z180). 2. the VP security car was about to finish the turn (it is pointing north at z180):

Another example of Mason's failing grade when it comes to perspective and parallax.

The VP followup car (the white sedan) is not facing north even in Z161, one second before Z180.  In Z180, the followup car is facing more westward than north, and has completed more than half of the extended turn from Houston onto Elm. By Z180, I believe the VP car is about 75% straight onto Elm.

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2021, 01:14:13 AM »

Yes, the stop/start is something like the equivalent of six or seven frames if I remember correctly. A relatively small fraction of a second. This is specified in Dale Myers’ documents, but I don’t remember the exact timing. This is highly unusual and is indicative of a startle reaction to the shot. If I remember correctly, Hughes apparently wasn’t even aware of it.

Can you post the Myers documents you refer to?
Otherwise it's an unsubstantiated claim.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2021, 01:14:13 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #69 on: October 09, 2021, 01:22:21 AM »
Can you post the Myers documents you refer to?
Otherwise it's an unsubstantiated claim.

It’s in another thread that I started, so it isn’t unsubstantiated. I dislike repeating myself. But if I have time I will look it up just for you.

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2021, 01:38:46 AM »
It’s in another thread that I started, so it isn’t unsubstantiated. I dislike repeating myself. But if I have time I will look it up just for you.

If you can find time in your busy day just point me the thread you started, I'll do the work.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2021, 01:38:46 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2021, 02:33:30 AM »
If you can find time in your busy day just point me the thread you started, I'll do the work.

I don’t remember off the top of my head which thread but am in the process of looking. I did find a link to a video compilation by Brian Roselle that shows the stoppages in the Dorman film as it relates to the Zapruder film and a reenactment film:

https://sites.google.com/view/dorman-zapruder-sync-on-elm-st/home

I will continue to look for the Dale Myers stuff that I believe I previously posted.