Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Physical evidence of the first shot (miss)  (Read 9877 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: Physical evidence of the first shot (miss)
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2022, 12:53:47 AM »
Advertisement
I always wondered if he was even wounded during the assassination or made this story up on the fly.  He admitted having some preexisting facial injury.  He tried to peddle some film footage of a race car crash to a reporter.  Not exactly a guy who missed an opportunity to make a buck.

No wondering necessary if one looks things up
Soon after the shots, Detective Buddy Walthers noticed specks of blood on Tague's right cheek. Tague also had a small left facial scab from a cut, which occurred a week before the assassination.
Cite: Wiki

And he thought 'firecracker' at the first shot
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 01:05:48 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2022, 12:53:47 AM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2022, 05:01:42 PM »
No wondering necessary if one looks things up
Soon after the shots, Detective Buddy Walthers noticed specks of blood on Tague's right cheek. Tague also had a small left facial scab from a cut, which occurred a week before the assassination.
Cite: Wiki

And he thought 'firecracker' at the first shot

That is his story.  It is odd that Tague just happens to have a preexisting cut to his face.  Photos taken afterward apparently often confuse that wound for the alleged wound during the assassination.  Why would he allow anyone to take photos of the preexisting wound that has nothing to do with the assassination?  He ducked behind the overpass when the shooting began.  Maybe he caused this wound while doing that and thought it was related to the assassination.  It just seems extremely unlikely - but not impossible - that a bullet fragment fired at the JFK car ends up wounding Tague given his position at the time.  I'm not saying it didn't happen, but it just seems unlikely that no one along the parade route was hit by a bullet fragment but Tague standing a couple streets over is wounded.  Is there any confirmation from Buddy Walthers that he saw the blood?  There were apparently pictures taken of the wound but I've also never seen them.

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2022, 06:21:38 PM »

That is his story.  It is odd that Tague just happens to have a preexisting cut to his face.  Photos taken afterward apparently often confuse that wound for the alleged wound during the assassination.  Why would he allow anyone to take photos of the preexisting wound that has nothing to do with the assassination?  He ducked behind the overpass when the shooting began.  Maybe he caused this wound while doing that and thought it was related to the assassination.  It just seems extremely unlikely - but not impossible - that a bullet fragment fired at the JFK car ends up wounding Tague given his position at the time.  I'm not saying it didn't happen, but it just seems unlikely that no one along the parade route was hit by a bullet fragment but Tague standing a couple streets over is wounded.  Is there any confirmation from Buddy Walthers that he saw the blood?  There were apparently pictures taken of the wound but I've also never seen them.
At least 2 fragments struck the windshield and frame.  If another fragment had gone an inch higher than the one that struck the windshield frame, it is not difficult to see that it would have gone toward where Tague was standing.  Tague was standing roughly in line with the car and the SN at z270-313.  A fragment on a slight upward trajectory would have gone up before falling to the ground.  Tague's evidence is corroborated by the curb mark and the subsequent analysis showing that it contained lead and antimony.  The fragment could have struck the street at a low angle and bounced off the street striking the curb and then deflecting upward. Or it could have struck just the curb.

Every event has a low a priori probability - until it occurs.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2022, 06:21:38 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2022, 07:18:14 PM »
At least 2 fragments struck the windshield and frame.  If another fragment had gone an inch higher than the one that struck the windshield frame, it is not difficult to see that it would have gone toward where Tague was standing.  Tague was standing roughly in line with the car and the SN at z270-313.  A fragment on a slight upward trajectory would have gone up before falling to the ground.  Tague's evidence is corroborated by the curb mark and the subsequent analysis showing that it contained lead and antimony.  The fragment could have struck the street at a low angle and bounced off the street striking the curb and then deflecting upward. Or it could have struck just the curb.

Every event has a low a priori probability - until it occurs.

I don't find the curb mark all that compelling.  I bet you could find a hundred similar marks along the curbs of any city street.  Are there photos of the wound?  It is curious that several authors apparently mistake the preexisting face wound with the alleged wound received as part of the assassination.   I'm not saying this couldn't happen.  Just that it seems odd absent some more specific information that I haven't seen (but may exist) to prove the basic facts.   In history, there is a lot of repeating information that, at its source, turns out to be questionable.  I don't think it impacts either the LN or CTer perspective as to whether Tague was wounded by a fragment.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2022, 07:44:32 PM »
Tague has said a lot of inconsistent things. I believe that he really doesn’t know which shot it was. Therefore, I personally am not going to rule out the first shot based on Tague’s guesses. And it really doesn’t matter to me whether or not you want to believe whatever the “story du jour” from Tague.

Another stunning example of "witnesses are only right when they support what I already believe happened, and unreliable when they don't".

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2022, 07:44:32 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2022, 07:57:53 PM »
The contrarian "mind" is an astounding thing to behold.  I specifically noted that whether Tague was wounded makes no difference to the LN vs CTer debate.  And the contrarian suggests that I have only questioned this witness because it supports my view that Oswald was the assassin.  Huh?  Of course, Tague being wounded is part of the "official" narrative that contrarians so mightily struggle against.  Making it all the more astounding that questioning Tague's story is somehow promoting that narrative. 

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2022, 09:08:22 PM »
I don't find the curb mark all that compelling.  I bet you could find a hundred similar marks along the curbs of any city street.  Are there photos of the wound?  It is curious that several authors apparently mistake the preexisting face wound with the alleged wound received as part of the assassination.   I'm not saying this couldn't happen.  Just that it seems odd absent some more specific information that I haven't seen (but may exist) to prove the basic facts.   In history, there is a lot of repeating information that, at its source, turns out to be questionable.  I don't think it impacts either the LN or CTer perspective as to whether Tague was wounded by a fragment.

Apparently the DPD was convinced that Tague was possibly wounded. Page 17 of Tague’s book “Truth Withheld” show a partial transcript of the DPD radio transmissions at 12:37pm. Referenced as Warren Report, pg. 463, Vol. X:

22.  I have one guy that was possibly hit by a rickashay (sic) from the bullet off the concrete and another one seen the President slump.

Disp.  10-4

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2022, 09:08:22 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2022, 09:49:22 PM »
Another stunning example of "witnesses are only right when they support what I already believe happened, and unreliable when they don't".

The witness testified under oath that he didn’t know which shot to associate with his getting stung.

And here you imply that he actually knows that it wasn’t the first shot:

Except Tague said that he wasn't hit by the first shot.

If Tague actually said that, it is at odds with his sworn testimony. You can believe whatever you wish. I really couldn’t care less.