Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Are these two photos legit?  (Read 18589 times)

Online Dan O'meara

Re: Are these two photos legit?
« Reply #120 on: September 21, 2022, 07:03:16 PM »
Advertisement
No, it doesn't  .......  However the countenance being expressed by the expression on his face definitely reveal which photo was taken BEFORE the gun fire.....and which photo was taken AFTER the gunshots....

;D
Whatever you say, Walt.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #120 on: September 21, 2022, 07:03:16 PM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #121 on: September 21, 2022, 10:58:17 PM »
I can't find mention of this anywhere [not that I've been looking long], but I can't be the first to point this out about the Powell photo.
Below is an extreme close-up of the SN window and the boxes forming the SN. Note, there is a box that is higher than the rest. To the left of this box as we look at it [to the west of the highest box], there are at least two stacks of boxes.

However, the picture below shows that there is only one stack of boxes to the west of the tallest box:

This is the same arrangement as we see today in the 6th floor museum:

Am I missing something really obvious because it looks to me that at least one stack of boxes is missing from the Sniper's Nest as pictured in the Powell photo?

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #122 on: September 22, 2022, 12:36:07 AM »

Just to follow up on this point of a missing stack of boxes.
Look at the picture above and imagine you are Deputy Sheriff Luke Mooney approaching the SN for the first time. Do you think you would have to squeeze through the gap to get into the SN?

I went straight across to the southeast corner of the building, and I saw all these high boxes. Of course they were stacked all the way around over there. And I squeezed between two. And the minute I squeezed between these two stacks of boxes, I had to turn myself sideways to get in there that is when I saw the expended shells and the boxes that were stacked up looked to be a rest for the weapon.

Unless Mooney was about 350lb I doubt he would have to squeeze through the gap as shown in the pic above. There is also this from Tom Alyea:

The actual positioning of the barricade was never photographed by the police. It s actual positioning is only on my movie footage, which was taken before the police started dismantling the arrangement.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 08:00:59 AM by Dan O'meara »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #122 on: September 22, 2022, 12:36:07 AM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #123 on: September 22, 2022, 08:07:24 AM »
And then we have this pic where the SN wall has been trimmed down to two stacks of boxes:

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #124 on: September 22, 2022, 01:31:12 PM »
Ugh.  No boxes were moved.  The pictures are taken from slightly different perspectives.  But the truly humorous part is that there is no conceivable reason for anyone to move boxes just after assassinating the president.  None.  But CTers thrive in a fantasy world in which everything is potentially sinister.  Even if it makes absolutely no sense from a conspiracy perspective.  So again, why would anyone hang around moving boxes in the SN in the moments after the assassination?  Can anyone articulate a reasonable explanation?  If there is none, doesn't that further confirm it didn't happen?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #124 on: September 22, 2022, 01:31:12 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #125 on: September 22, 2022, 02:42:27 PM »
I’m sure this has been discussed before...
If these two photos are legit, how are the different “sniper nest" box setups explained?

AND if the president is going by, why would anyone take a picture of these two guys on the fifth floor?
Who took both photos?

Screen-Shot-2022-02-08-at-9-07-19-PM" border="0

Which photo has the wider horizontal shadow beneath the half open window?

The shadow being cast by the bottom of the half open window seems to b wider in one of the photos which would mean that the sun was higher in the sky ..... What time did the sun reach it's zenith that day?

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #126 on: September 22, 2022, 03:46:18 PM »
Ugh.  No boxes were moved.  The pictures are taken from slightly different perspectives.  But the truly humorous part is that there is no conceivable reason for anyone to move boxes just after assassinating the president.  None.  But CTers thrive in a fantasy world in which everything is potentially sinister.  Even if it makes absolutely no sense from a conspiracy perspective.  So again, why would anyone hang around moving boxes in the SN in the moments after the assassination?  Can anyone articulate a reasonable explanation?  If there is none, doesn't that further confirm it didn't happen?

If this is some kind of response to my recent posts you need to read through them again.
In Reply#114 I dismiss the notion of boxes being removed in the immediate aftermath of the assassination.
The close-up of the Powell pic I posted shows the stack of boxes behind the Sniper's Perch, the stack to the far right [east] is taller than the others and there are at least two more shorter stacks to the left [west] of this tall stack. But when it comes to the photos taken as part of the investigation the stack furthest to the west is missing.
I don't view it as part of any conspiracy, just another example of the quite staggering incompetence of the investigation that took place on the 6th floor.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #126 on: September 22, 2022, 03:46:18 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #127 on: September 22, 2022, 04:00:24 PM »
If this is some kind of response to my recent posts you need to read through them again.
In Reply#114 I dismiss the notion of boxes being removed in the immediate aftermath of the assassination.
The close-up of the Powell pic I posted shows the stack of boxes behind the Sniper's Perch, the stack to the far right [east] is taller than the others and there are at least two more shorter stacks to the left [west] of this tall stack. But when it comes to the photos taken as part of the investigation the stack furthest to the west is missing.
I don't view it as part of any conspiracy, just another example of the quite staggering incompetence of the investigation that took place on the 6th floor.

I was referencing the two OP photos taken just after the assassination.  There is no conceivable reason for anyone to have moved some boxes between those photos in the moments after the assassination.  No one has articulated any such explanation.  In terms of the investigation, the 6th floor was full of boxes.  The DPD no doubt moved some items in their search for evidence.  I'm not sure that is incompetence given that they had to search the building to figure out what had happened.  Maybe it would be done differently today but we also have six decades of hindsight to criticize.  They were working blind in the moment.  I don't see anything they did as influencing the conclusion that Oswald was the assassin.  When all is said and done, Oswald's rifle was left at the crime scene.  Fired bullet casings from that rifle were found by the window from which the shots were fired.