Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Truly's False Roll  (Read 28898 times)

Online Dan O'meara

Re: Truly's False Roll
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2022, 11:58:02 PM »
Advertisement
Eddie Piper said there was....

JOSEPH A. BALL -- Did you at any time after the shooting miss Lee Oswald—did you notice he wasn't around?

EDDIE PIPER -- No, sir; I didn't notice it until the lineup. You know, I just figured all the people was there.

MR. BALL -- You did notice it at the lineup, did you?

MR. PIPER -- Yes.

MR. BALL -- Tell us about that.

MR. PIPER -- I did notice it in the lineup.

MR. BALL -- What do you mean by the lineup?

MR. PIPER -- I mean, when they lined us all up and told us to give our name and address and just to go home.

MR. BALL -- You say "they"; who do you mean?

MR. PIPER -- The detective—whoever it was.

MR. BALL -- The police?

MR. PIPER -- Yes; they had the building all surrounded. They went to locking the doors back and front and told us to all come up and then go home, and I told him, I says, "I've got to go down in the basement and get my clothes," and he said, "You can go down and get your clothes and come on back up here, but give me your identification and your name and tell us where you are staying," and everybody heard me say that, I guess, and he let us out of the building, one by one, and I went on out the front door.

-----------------------

In the above testimony, however, Eddie Piper was talking about the POLICE conducting that "lineup", not Roy Truly or Bill Shelley of the TSBD staff.

But after reading Piper's testimony, it makes me wonder if perhaps the "lineup" that Piper talked about could be the "roll call" that Frazier and Lovelady remembered. ? ? ?

In any event, that makes THREE separate Depository employees—Frazier, Lovelady, and Piper (plus reporter Kent Biffle)—who each has made reference to some type of "roll call" or "lineup" being conducted in the Book Depository Building before the employees were sent home on 11/22/63.

How would you interpret the Truly testimony regarding his thought processes leading up to making his decision?
It seems misleading to take my final point out of context and comment on that.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2022, 11:58:02 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2022, 12:36:05 AM »
A play on the word "Role"

use 'Truly false'

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2022, 12:48:13 AM »
In any event, that makes THREE separate Depository employees—Frazier, Lovelady, and Piper (plus reporter Kent Biffle)—who each has made reference to some type of "roll call" or "lineup" being conducted in the Book Depository Building before the employees were sent home on 11/22/63
_And Karen Scranton makes four
  'We went back into the building and it was pandemonium.. there were police everywhere and they took a roll call of all of us to make sure we were all there'' - Scranton

Just sayin'..

As David points out:

In the above testimony, however, Eddie Piper was talking about the POLICE conducting that "lineup", not Roy Truly or Bill Shelley of the TSBD staff.

But after reading Piper's testimony, it makes me wonder if perhaps the "lineup" that Piper talked about could be the "roll call" that Frazier and Lovelady remembered. ? ? ?

There is no doubt there was a "lineup" of employees taken by the police.

Truly -
"I noticed some of my boys were over in the west corner of the shipping department, and there were several officers over there taking their names and addresses"

Frazier
Mr. Ball: Had the police officers come in there and talked to you?
Mr. Frazier: Yes, sir; they come in and talked to all of us. They asked us to show our proper identification, and then they had us to write our name down and who to get in touch with if they wanted to see us...they, you know, like one man showed us, we had to give proper identification and after we passed him he told us to walk on then to the next man, and we, you know, put down proper information where he could be found if they wanted to see you and talk to you any more, and then we went on up to a little bit more to the front entrance more toward Mr. Shelley's office there with another man and stood there for a little
while and told us all that was there could go ahead and go home.

Piper
MR. PIPER -- I mean, when they lined us all up and told us to give our name and address and just to go home.
MR. BALL -- The police?
MR. PIPER -- Yes...

Frazier describes it best as a systematic processing of the warehouse men by the police, taking names and addresses. Piper describes it as being "lined up". He goes on to say he didn't think Givens was there either.
Both Frazier and Piper are talking about having their names taken by the police and not a roll call organised by Truly in which he rounds up all his "boys". Remember, Truly describes seeing his men being questioned by the police (the "lineup") but in no way does he relate it to a roll call at which only Oswald is absent.
For the third time, Scranton is referring to a roll call taken on the second floor which has nothing to do with the supposed roll call that Oswald fails to turn up for.
That leaves Lovelady.
To be honest I'm not sure what this is a reference to so can't really comment on it.

You're down to one (maybe not even that)

Just sayin'
« Last Edit: March 14, 2024, 09:59:25 PM by Dan O'meara »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2022, 12:48:13 AM »

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2022, 12:52:32 AM »
use 'Truly false'

Nice  ;D

"A Truly False Roll Call"

Is it possible to change a thread title once it's going?

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2022, 01:38:31 AM »
Nice  ;D

"A Truly False Roll Call"

Is it possible to change a thread title once it's going?

Better check forum rules

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2022, 01:38:31 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2022, 01:40:16 AM »

billchapman

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2022, 01:36:09 PM »
Eddie Piper said there was....

JOSEPH A. BALL -- Did you at any time after the shooting miss Lee Oswald—did you notice he wasn't around?

EDDIE PIPER -- No, sir; I didn't notice it until the lineup. You know, I just figured all the people was there.

MR. BALL -- You did notice it at the lineup, did you?

MR. PIPER -- Yes.

MR. BALL -- Tell us about that.

MR. PIPER -- I did notice it in the lineup.

MR. BALL -- What do you mean by the lineup?

MR. BALL -- The police?

MR. PIPER -- Yes; they had the building all surrounded. They went to locking the doors back and front and told us to all come up and then go home, and I told him, I says, "I've got to go down in the basement and get my clothes," and he said, "You can go down and get your clothes and come on back up here, but give me your identification and your name and tell us where you are staying," and everybody heard me say that, I guess, and he let us out of the building, one by one, and I went on out the front door.

-----------------------

In any event, that makes THREE separate Depository employees—Frazier, Lovelady, and Piper (plus reporter Kent Biffle)—who each has made reference to some type of "roll call" or "lineup" being conducted in the Book Depository Building before the employees were sent home on 11/22/63.

Exactly, and, in reading Truly’s testimony, it appears to me that he realized Oswald was missing because he believed that he should have been there, but wasn’t. After all Eddie Piper says:

MR. PIPER -- Yes; they had the building all surrounded. They went to locking the doors back and front and told us to all come up

The “conclusions” that have been suggested about Truly conducting a roll call or lying about conducting a roll call, etc. are not founded on what was said.

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2022, 02:31:43 PM »
Yes, what would the police do with credible evidence of the involvement of someone in a homicide?  And one of the most famous criminal cases in history.  I wonder!

Is there a reason you choose to double down on your own stupidity instead of answering my question?

No need to bother them with that because such evidence should be limited to an Internet forum.  LOL.

See above, again, the information has been available to them for 50+ years.

Obviously, you do not believe in your own CTer nonsense.

I'm not a CTer, have the nurses cut off your oxygen again?

But prove me wrong and report to them that you have evidence that Truly lied about the roll call and that this is evidence he was involved in the conspiracy to assassinate the President.

ROFL, I never claimed that.

Report back to us.

N/A, see above.

You are really asking me to explain to you what the police would do with credible evidence of the involvement of someone in a homicide under their jurisdiction?  HA HA HA.  Maybe look to some similar examples.  DNA results are bringing to light the names of many murderers who escaped justice decades ago.  If they are still alive, they are arrested.  If they are dead, their names are revealed to bring closure to the family members.  If Truly were engaged in a conspiracy to frame Oswald and involved with other conspirators to assassinate the President of the United States, it would be a newsworthy event (to say the least).  If he was invovled with others, the investigation could be reopened.  So present your evidence to them if you think it does that.  If not, then you are agreeing with me that Truly had nothing to do with this.  And you are not a CTer? Whew.  What is with all the hostility and references to medical treatment?  That is weird. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2022, 02:31:43 PM »