Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Geneva Hine  (Read 20319 times)

Offline John Mytton

Re: Geneva Hine
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2022, 12:32:56 AM »
Advertisement
The "association" is all in your mind.  "The lights went out AND the phones became dead".  Two different clauses.

Did any other eyewitnesses say the lights went out?

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2022, 12:32:56 AM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2022, 01:30:24 AM »
How do you even know there was a "line busy indicator" on Hine's phone?
Because I remember what multi-line phones were like back in the day.

She noted that at some point after the motorcade roared away "the telephones were beginning to wink." You think they had eyes and were getting fresh or something?

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2022, 11:13:02 PM »
Because I remember what multi-line phones were like back in the day.

So you saw Geneva Hine's phone "back in the day"?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2022, 11:13:02 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2022, 11:16:57 PM »
Did any other eyewitnesses say the lights went out?

Did any other witness claim that Oswald was in the 6th floor window aiming a rifle?

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2022, 12:51:21 AM »
So you saw Geneva Hine's phone "back in the day"?
Like I said, I remember what multi-line phones were like then. In 1963, the phone you used was still the one that Ma Bell gave you. The multi-line ones every business had were like the one in the photo, unless you were a really big company that had it's own private branch.

BTW, I'll ask again, since you not only declined the first time but deleted the question:

Hine noted that at some point after the motorcade roared away "the telephones were beginning to wink." You think they had eyes and were getting fresh or something?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 03:31:05 AM by Mitch Todd »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2022, 12:51:21 AM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #77 on: April 16, 2022, 12:54:27 AM »
Did any other witness claim that Oswald was in the 6th floor window aiming a rifle?
Trying to change the subject just makes you look even more foolish and out of your depth.

Did anyone else in the TSBD during the assassination say the lights went out?

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #78 on: April 16, 2022, 01:17:47 AM »

Wow, you get asked a simple question and go off topic?
Just admit that as far as you know nobody else said the lights went out and let's just leave it at that, eh?

JohnM

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2022, 02:52:10 AM »
The "association" is all in your mind.  "The lights went out AND the phones became dead".  Two different clauses.
The word "AND," which you so helpfully capitalized, is precisely what creates the association between "the lights went out" and "the phones became dead." By definition. If you don't like it blame Miriam Webster, not me. And there are more than two clauses in the sentence. The important ones are "the lights all went out and the phones became dead because the motorcade was coming near us and no one was calling".

Later on, she makes the same association between the lights coming on and phone calls coming in: "the telephones were beginning to wink; outside calls were beginning to come in"

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
An old saw that simply isn't true. Absence of evidence is most definitely evidence of absence. After, if something is absent in the first place then there will be no evidence of it being there. I think you mean that absence of evidence is not absolute proof of absence, since there may be some unknown factor that bears on the situation under examination. Even then, this is only true if there are unknown factors.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2022, 02:52:10 AM »