Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Geneva Hine  (Read 20295 times)

Online Mitch Todd

Re: Geneva Hine
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2022, 03:07:10 AM »
Advertisement
the telephones were beginning to wink

Doesn't that imply that they were not winking prior to that?

John's question is solid;

"why would people wanting to order school books from across the state of Texas stop calling because a motorcade was coming near her building? "

You are not making any sense....

Why, yes. Yes it does. That is the point. BTW, I wonder if you considered that the old analog phones were powered from the phone company's end office via the phone line. They weren't powered by building power. Therefore, the lack phonalicious winkie winke has no bearing as to the state of building power.

"why would people wanting to order school books from across the state of Texas stop calling because a motorcade was coming near her building?
"

Who said that all of the calls would have been incoming? For that matter, who said that any of the calls would by necessity have been incoming? And who said that the TSBD would have been constantly peppered by incoming calls?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2022, 03:07:10 AM »

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2022, 03:09:18 AM »
Finally, thanks for agreeing that "Iacoletti's" post of linking two disparate events was intentionally misleading.

JohnM

No, the only one who is trying to be intentionally misleading is you.

John said;

Besides that, Deputy Mooney also mentioned that the power had been cut.

Mooney testified;

Mr. MOONEY - It was a push button affair the best I can remember. got hold of the controls and it worked. We started up and got to the second. I was going to let them off and go on up. And when we got there, the power undoubtedly cut off, because we had no more power on the elevator.

John Iacoletti's comment was factual

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2022, 03:10:34 AM »

What's it got to do with me?

What Hine said was quite simple, she said the lights went out because the President was approaching and when the President went away the telephones started to wink.

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2022, 03:10:34 AM »

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2022, 03:12:34 AM »

Why, yes. Yes it does. That is the point. BTW, I wonder if you considered that the old analog phones were powered from the phone company's end office via the phone line. They weren't powered by building power. Therefore, the lack phonalicious winkie winke has no bearing as to the state of building power.

Agreed, but that doesn't take away from the fact that Mooney said the power had been cut.

"why would people wanting to order school books from across the state of Texas stop calling because a motorcade was coming near her building?
"

Who said that all of the calls would have been incoming? For that matter, who said that any of the calls would by necessity have been incoming? And who said that the TSBD would have been constantly peppered by incoming calls?

Why would any of this make John's question invalid?

Offline Richard Smith

« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2022, 03:18:17 AM »
Putting aside that there would be absolutely no conspiracy related purpose to turn the power and phones off for a few moments at the time of the assassination (and the Hertz sign was clearly working at that moment), her testimony is clear in context.  Her job was to answer the phone.  She is explaining why she could leave her desk for the moment to look out the window (no one was calling).  If there were any doubt about the phones working, she walks down the hall but can't get the attention of a co-worker because - wait for it - she is talking on the phone!  Rightly or wrongly Hine attributes no calls to be answered to the fact that motorcade was in town.  Presuming most are out watching.  Obviously, no one would attribute a phone and power outage to the motorcade.  Good grief.

Miss HINE. Yes, sir: I was alone until the lights all went out and the phones became dead because the motorcade was coming near us and no one was calling so I got up and thought I could see it from the east window in our office.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2022, 03:18:17 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2022, 03:21:01 AM »

"

Why, yes. Yes it does. That is the point.

Hilarious, Weidmann doesn't even realize that his observation just further supports the official WC version.  Thumb1:

JohnM

Offline Richard Smith

« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2022, 03:23:14 AM »
Agreed, but that doesn't take away from the fact that Mooney said the power had been cut.

Why would any of this make John's question invalid?

This was after Hine's statement about the lights and phone.  The fact that Mooney could take the elevator means that the power either never went out or it went out around 12:30, came back on for Mooney to ride the elevator, and then went out again.  Mooney's elevator operates just fine until the people who work in the building exited.  Then he couldn't get it to work.  Likely because he did not understand how it operated.  This was a freight elevator.   He concludes this was caused by a power outage because he didn't know what he didn't know about operating it.

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2022, 03:27:50 AM »

What's it got to do with me?

What Hine said was quite simple, she said the lights went out because the President was approaching and when the President went away the telephones started to wink.

JohnM

And none of that had anything to do with what Mooney testified. It also justified John's question.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2022, 03:27:50 AM »