Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Geneva Hine  (Read 20304 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

Re: Geneva Hine
« Reply #96 on: April 19, 2022, 02:33:23 AM »
Advertisement
It's not a story, it's history.

“History”. LOL.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #96 on: April 19, 2022, 02:33:23 AM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2022, 02:36:53 AM »
It’s not a change of subject. The “did any other witness say..” counterargument is fallacious.
Asserting that Hines meant that the building power went out creates a prediction, in a classic Karl Popper vein: everyone else in the building would have also seen the power go out. In turn, we should then expect at least one of these other unenlightened people to have spoken up about a the the remarkable coincidence of the lights mysteriously going out at a most interesting time. Dodging the issue trying to assert a non-existent fallacy isn't going to help you with anything other than looking like an ever bigger dork, kid.

We’re talking about what Hine said.
I'm talking about what happened, what Hines meant being the point of contention. I'm not sure what you think you're talking about at this point. Increasingly, your aim seems to be wasting everyone's time. Including your own.

You act like you not only can read her mind retroactively, but you also know what her phone looked like.
Again, I know what multi-line phones were like back in the analog Jurassic. You got what AT&T gave you and every business that had multiple lines, but didn't have it's own private branch/switchboard, had phones that looked like the earlier photo. Getting mad about this is like getting mad when I say that Geneva Hine's car had a steering wheel.

And I don't need to read her mind. I only need to read testimony. The sentence that associates the lights going out with calls falling off. The sentence that notes that the phones started "winking" when calls began to come back in. The lack of any expression of surprise of suspicion that the power would go out at that point. The lack of anyone else's testifying that they also experienced a power outage. The knowledge of 1960's multiline telephony.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2022, 03:29:21 AM »
Asserting that Hines meant that the building power went out creates a prediction, in a classic Karl Popper vein:

I don’t know what Hine meant, and neither do you. The difference is you like to pretend that you do.

everyone else in the building would have also seen the power go out. In turn, we should then expect at least one of these other unenlightened people to have spoken up about a the the remarkable coincidence of the lights mysteriously going out at a most interesting time.

You can “expect” what you like. That doesn’t prove anything.

I'm talking about what happened, what Hines meant being the point of contention. I'm not sure what you think you're talking about at this point. Increasingly, your aim seems to be wasting everyone's time. Including your own.

Yes, it would be so much more convenient if everybody would just accept your omniscience.

Again, I know what multi-line phones were like back in the analog Jurassic.

You don’t know what Hine’s phone looked like. Stop pretending you do.

Now you’re pretending to know that Hine had a car too.

And I don't need to read her mind. I only need to read testimony

You’re reading it and pretending that your interpretation of it is the correct one. She said the lights went out. She didn’t say the lights on the phone went out. Get over it.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2022, 03:29:21 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2022, 04:27:05 AM »
How is this even being discussed, and why?

Hine went back to her desk because the "telephones were beginning to wink", therefore before the telephone begun to wink, the lights were not winking, they had stopped, they ceased to be on.

Miss HINE. Yes; and I went straight up to the desk because the telephones were beginning to wink; outside calls were beginning to come in.

JohnM

Offline Richard Smith

« Reply #100 on: April 19, 2022, 04:34:27 AM »
Because I remember what multi-line phones were like back in the day.

She noted that at some point after the motorcade roared away "the telephones were beginning to wink." You think they had eyes and were getting fresh or something?

Mr. BALL. Was there a switchboard?
Miss HINE. No, sir; we have a telephone with three incoming lines, then we
have the warehouse line and we have an intercom system.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #100 on: April 19, 2022, 04:34:27 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #101 on: April 19, 2022, 03:53:29 PM »
Hine never said that she was referring to the “winking” telephones when she said the lights went out.

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #102 on: April 19, 2022, 09:07:32 PM »
John Iacoletti.  Are you seriously arguing that the power in the building went out?  Just curious.

Offline Richard Smith

« Reply #103 on: April 19, 2022, 09:16:54 PM »
John Iacoletti.  Are you seriously arguing that the power in the building went out?  Just curious.

And even if there had been a momentary power/phone outage, what conspiracy-related purpose would it have served?  If the allegation is that the power/phone outage occurred, but was not related to any conspiracy, then why does it matter?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #103 on: April 19, 2022, 09:16:54 PM »