Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Who Killed J.D. Tippit?  (Read 56110 times)

Offline Alan Ford

Re: Who Killed J.D. Tippit?
« Reply #600 on: August 18, 2023, 02:46:43 PM »
Advertisement
The "off-script stuff", as in the statement for The Men Who Killed Kennedy twenty-five years later?

No, lol.
Her same-day affidavit is already an embarrassment to your cause: "ran west on E. 10th across Patton Street and went out of sight".
As is her WC testimony:
"Towards Jefferson, right across that way" = a very different proposition to 'Towards Jefferson, down Patton'. (Mr. Ball, of course, knows better than to clarify for the record where Ms. Markham is pointing as she says these words.) 

You do realize what you refer to as what she "told Nigel Turner" was in 1988.  Right?

So what? What she clearly states in 1988 cleanly explains the curiously ambiguous wording we find in her affidavit and WC testimony.

Your problem, cherry-picker, not mine!

Thumb1:
« Last Edit: August 18, 2023, 02:55:27 PM by Alan Ford »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #600 on: August 18, 2023, 02:46:43 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #601 on: August 18, 2023, 09:38:50 PM »
From 12/3/63 FBI interview report for Mr. Frank Cimino:

Must have been a different waitress to Ms. Markham. Right, Mr. Brown?  :D
« Last Edit: August 18, 2023, 09:40:23 PM by Alan Ford »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #602 on: August 18, 2023, 10:06:11 PM »
So then you're simply trolling.  Okay.

No, you’re trolling by traipsing along here and just declaring that Clemons is not a “real witness”.

You said Clemons did not see any less of the shooting than some of the witnesses I listed.  None of the witnesses I listed stated Tippit encountered two men.  I am asking you a direct question.  Do you believe Benavides saw two men?

I believe that Clemons saw two men. So did Frank Wright. So did Doris Holan. You’re cherry-picking by presuming that Benavides not mentioning two men somehow entitles you to ignore the other accounts.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #602 on: August 18, 2023, 10:06:11 PM »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #603 on: August 19, 2023, 12:35:24 AM »
No, you’re trolling by traipsing along here and just declaring that Clemons is not a “real witness”.

I believe that Clemons saw two men. So did Frank Wright. So did Doris Holan. You’re cherry-picking by presuming that Benavides not mentioning two men somehow entitles you to ignore the other accounts.
Clemmons said she saw two men walking in opposite directions on opposite sides of Patton Street at some point after the shots were fired.

Frank Wright only said he saw one man who got into two-tone '51 Plymouth coupe parked on 10th and drove off.

Holan said that, after the shooting, she saw one man hurrying west on 10th. At about the same time, she saw another man walk up the driveway next to 404, look at Tippit and walk back. There's also a Dallas Police car in the driveway, which is able to miraculously drive back up the driveway to the alley without running into the garage at the end of the driveway.

None of these stories match the other.

Online John Mytton

« Reply #604 on: August 19, 2023, 04:10:46 AM »

So did Frank Wright.

BS: BS: BS:

“I was sitting watching television with my wife. I was sitting in a chair next to the door. I wasn’t but two steps from the door. I heard shots. I knew it wasn’t backfire. I knew it was shots. As soon as I heard them, I went out the door. I could see a police car in the next block. It was toward the end of the next block. I could see it clearly. The police car was headed toward me. It was parked on the south side of the street. In other words, it was parked across the street from our apartment house. I saw a person right by the car. He had fallen down. It seems as if he had just fallen down. He was on the ground, and then he turned over face down. Part of him was under the left front fender of the car. It seems to me that I saw him just as he hit the ground. I saw him turn over and he didn’t move any more.
    “I looked around to see what had happened. I knew there had been a shooting. I saw a man standing right in front of the car. He was looking toward the man on the ground. He stood there for a while and looked at the man. The man who was standing in front of him was about medium height. He had on a long coat. It ended just above his hands. I didn’t see any gun. He ran around on the passenger side of the police car. He ran as fast as he could go and he got into his car. He car was a grey, little old coupe. It was about a 1950–1951, maybe a Plymouth. It was a grey car, parked on the same side of the street as the police car but beyond it from me. It was heading away from me. He got in that car and he drove away as quick as you could see. He drove down 10th Street, away from me. I don’t know how far he drove. After he got into the middle of the next block between Patton and Crawford, I didn’t look at him any more.
    “I looked at the car where the man was. I looked to see what had happened there. About the same time as I came out, or maybe a little while after, a woman came down from her porch. She was at the house about three or four doors from the intersection of 10th and Patton. The house was on the same side of the street as the police car. Just as the man in the car pulled away she came toward the police car and then she stepped back. I heard her shout, ‘Oh, he’s been shot!’ throwing up her hands. Then she went back toward the house. There was no one out there except me and that woman when I got there, except for the man I described earlier. I couldn’t figure out who did the shooting. I didn’t see a gun on the man who was standing in front of the car. There wasn’t anyone else but the man who drove away and the woman who came down from her porch. I was the first person out. I knew there wasn’t anyone else there at all. It wasn’t any time at all until the ambulance got there. By the time the ambulance got there, there were maybe 25 more people outside. Then after a while, the police came up. I tried to tell two or three people what I saw. They didn’t pay any attention. I’ve seen what came out on television and in the papers but I know that’s not what happened. I know a man drove off in a grey car. Nothing in the world’s going to change my opinion. I saw that man drive off in a grey coupe just as clear as I was born. I know what I saw The can say all they want about a fellow running away, but I can’t accept this because I saw a fellow get in a car and drive away."

Frank Wright.

JohnM
« Last Edit: August 19, 2023, 04:11:49 AM by John Mytton »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #604 on: August 19, 2023, 04:10:46 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #605 on: August 19, 2023, 04:48:13 AM »
Frank Wright reportedly told Dallas reporter Earl Golz that he saw a second man leaving on foot.

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #606 on: August 19, 2023, 03:51:20 PM »
Frank Wright reportedly told Dallas reporter Earl Golz that he saw a second man leaving on foot.
If it was to Golz, then it was 10-15 years after the fact. The Nashes' quotation of his story appears to be complete, and a second man disappearing from the scene was exactly the sort of thing that the Nashes were looking for. 

Also, of Markham, Benavides, Scoggins, the Davises, Clemons, and (yes) Mrs Wright, how many others saw the car and man that Wright claims to have seen?

There's one more thing to consider with regard to Frank Wright. As I wrote in another forum a few years back:

"The fun part about Mr Wright's testimony is that it's a complete outlier from the rest, until you read Jimmy Burt's FBI 302. In Burt's version, the car is his (though it's a two-tone '52 Ford rather than a two-tone '51 Plymouth). Burt claimed that he drove up to Tippit's car, got out to see that Tippit was dead, then got back in and drove off.

"Oh, and did I mention that Burt and Wright lived in adjacent buildings (ie, 501 and 505 10th St)?"

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #606 on: August 19, 2023, 03:51:20 PM »

Offline Martin Weidmann

« Reply #607 on: August 19, 2023, 04:09:52 PM »
If it was to Golz, then it was 10-15 years after the fact. The Nashes' quotation of his story appears to be complete, and a second man disappearing from the scene was exactly the sort of thing that the Nashes were looking for. 

Also, of Markham, Benavides, Scoggins, the Davises, Clemons, and (yes) Mrs Wright, how many others saw the car and man that Wright claims to have seen?

There's one more thing to consider with regard to Frank Wright. As I wrote in another forum a few years back:

"The fun part about Mr Wright's testimony is that it's a complete outlier from the rest, until you read Jimmy Burt's FBI 302. In Burt's version, the car is his (though it's a two-tone '52 Ford rather than a two-tone '51 Plymouth). Burt claimed that he drove up to Tippit's car, got out to see that Tippit was dead, then got back in and drove off.

"Oh, and did I mention that Burt and Wright lived in adjacent buildings (ie, 501 and 505 10th St)?"

was exactly the sort of thing that the Nashes were looking for. 

How do you know that the Nashes were looking for?