Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Who Killed J.D. Tippit?  (Read 55814 times)

Online Mitch Todd

Re: Who Killed J.D. Tippit?
« Reply #616 on: August 20, 2023, 09:04:55 PM »
Advertisement
Did the FBI intimidate the other witnesses like they did Clemons? Apparently she felt the FBI was either ignoring her or worse, wanted her to shut up.

If it were a simple case of Clemons just confusing Calloway as a 2nd man with a gun , then should not she have been able to IF Calloway as that man?
Clemons never claimed that there was a second man with a gun.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #616 on: August 20, 2023, 09:04:55 PM »

Offline Zeon Mason

« Reply #617 on: August 20, 2023, 09:07:08 PM »
Sorry, I spelled his name wrong, it was spelled “Callaway”on the JFK witness page

Apparently he picked up Tippits revolver off the ground and placed it on the hood of Tippets police car. IDK if this could be coincidental with Clemons going out to see the scene, but by that time the gunman who shot Tippet should have theoretically already left the scene before Clemons could have seen him.

Offline Zeon Mason

« Reply #618 on: August 20, 2023, 09:20:39 PM »
My mistake again $&@-! Clemons saw ONE man with a handgun of some sort waving off another man.
Imo, her description of the man with gun in hand doesn’t really match Callaway.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #618 on: August 20, 2023, 09:20:39 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #619 on: August 20, 2023, 11:28:34 PM »
You’re not making any sense. Burt and Smith heard some shots and then described what they saw afterwards. Acquilla Clemons and Frank Wright heard some shots and described what they saw afterwards.

Bill Smith:  "Saw Oswald running and the policeman falling."

Jimmy Burt:  "They talked for a minute, we stood watching, just curious.  We heard the shots.  We turned. I told Bill, I said "Billy, that guy just shot that policeman."

Domingo Benavides:  "I then pulled on up and I seen this officer standing by the door. The door was open to the car, and I was pretty close to him, and I seen Oswald, or the man that shot him, standing on the other side of the car... The man was standing to the right side of the car, riders side of the car, and was standing right in front of the windshield on the right front fender. And then I heard the shot... Then I heard the other two shots and I looked up and the Policeman was in, he seemed like he kind of stumbled and fell."

Helen Markham:  "The policeman calmly opened the car door, very slowly, wasn't angry or nothing, he calmly crawled out of this car, and I still just thought a friendly conversation, maybe disturbance in the house, I did not know; well, just as the policeman got... And just as he had gotten even with the wheel on the driver's side... this man shot the policeman.  He fell to the ground, and his cap went a little ways out on the street."

William Scoggins:  "Yes; he stopped. When I saw he stopped, then I looked to see why he was stopping, you see, and I saw this man with a light-colored jacket on.  Then he (Tippit) took about a step, I would say, or approximately one or two steps, and then I wasn't really, you know, I went back to my eating, and about that time I heard the shots.  Then I saw the man falling, grab his stomach and fall."

So we have this...

Bill Smith:  Saw Tippit falling.
Domingo Benavides:  Saw Tippit kind of stumble and fall.
Helen Markham:  Saw Tippit fall to the ground and saw his cap go a little ways out into the street.
William Scoggins:  Saw Tippit grab his stomach and fall.

Acquila Clemons:  "I thought it was firecrackers. I wasn’t paying any attention."

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #620 on: August 21, 2023, 01:19:37 AM »
Wow, nothing like reinforcing your cherry-picking with even more blatant cherry picking. As if that’s the only thing she said.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #620 on: August 21, 2023, 01:19:37 AM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #621 on: August 21, 2023, 01:42:20 AM »
Wow, nothing like reinforcing your cherry-picking with even more blatant cherry picking. As if that’s the only thing she said.

You've completely missed the point.  You'd realize this if you'd stop trolling so much.

The witnesses I listed, the REAL witnesses, saw Tippit talking to the man who would eventually shoot him and/or saw Tippit getting out of the patrol car to begin to walk around the car toward the man.

Clemons saw none of this.  You are foolish to claim that Clemons saw as much as these REAL witnesses.

You won't answer the question.  How did Benavides manage to miss seeing a supposed 2nd culprit?  Jimmy Burt saw the man walking alone approximately forty-five seconds before the encounter with Tippit.  How did Burt manage to miss a supposed 2nd culprit?  Markham saw the shooting, one man.  How did Markham manage to miss a supposed 2nd culprit?  Please explain.

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #622 on: August 21, 2023, 02:43:06 AM »
My mistake again $&@-! Clemons saw ONE man with a handgun of some sort waving off another man.
Imo, her description of the man with gun in hand doesn’t really match Callaway.
Shirley Martin interviewed Clemons is the summer of 1964, putting it on tape. It's Clemons first recorded interview. In that one, Martin asks Clemons to describe the gunman, but Clemons says she cant because she doesn't remember ("It's been too long"). Martin follows up with a leading question, "Was he fat?" Clemons jumps at that, and after that Clemons always described the gunman as "fat" or "chunky." But was that what Clemons really remembered, or was it something generated in response to Martin's leading question? 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #622 on: August 21, 2023, 02:43:06 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #623 on: August 21, 2023, 05:32:53 AM »
The witnesses I listed, the REAL witnesses, saw Tippit talking to the man who would eventually shoot him and/or saw Tippit getting out of the patrol car to begin to walk around the car toward the man.

Smith and Burt didn’t. And yet you still call them “real witnesses”. Neither did David, Davis, Callaway, and Guinyard. Are they also not “real witnesses”? Admit it, “real witness” to you is somebody who supports your little narrative.

The “firecrackers” comment was Myers-style rhetoric and beneath you.

You won't answer the question.  How did Benavides manage to miss seeing a supposed 2nd culprit? 

It’s a silly unanswerable question. Different witnesses had different vantage points and different views of the surrounding area.

Jimmy Burt saw the man walking alone approximately forty-five seconds before the encounter with Tippit.  How did Burt manage to miss a supposed 2nd culprit?  Markham saw the shooting, one man.  How did Markham manage to miss a supposed 2nd culprit?  Please explain.

Also, how did Scoggins manage to miss Markham standing there on the corner at all?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2023, 05:34:49 AM by John Iacoletti »