Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Who Killed J.D. Tippit?  (Read 55315 times)

Offline Zeon Mason

Re: Who Killed J.D. Tippit?
« Reply #648 on: August 23, 2023, 11:53:57 PM »
Advertisement
How could they mistake a light blue gray jacket as a light BROWN jacket?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #648 on: August 23, 2023, 11:53:57 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #649 on: August 24, 2023, 12:10:31 AM »
How could they mistake a light blue gray jacket as a light BROWN jacket?

How could some witnesses see the gunman go into the alley off Patton and other witnesses see the gunman go all the way down Patton and turn onto Jefferson?

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #650 on: August 24, 2023, 01:27:28 AM »
Can anyone else read the photo documents that Mr.Brown just posted cause it’s all blurry on my smart phone screen when I zoom in and YES I’m wearing my reading glasses and the glasses work and I’m not going blind, so maybe Bill can post those documents some other way ?

Sorry Zeon.  I deleted the original post with the Burt interview since the images were too small for some.  I'll repost the images a little bigger tomorrow when I have more time.  Thanks goes to Fred Litwin for the transcripts of the interview.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #650 on: August 24, 2023, 01:27:28 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #651 on: August 24, 2023, 03:36:09 AM »
How could some witnesses see the gunman go into the alley off Patton and other witnesses see the gunman go all the way down Patton and turn onto Jefferson?

How do we reconcile the two following recollections from men who saw the gunman from the same location?

Mr. CALLAWAY: I could see this taxicab parked down on Patton. I saw the cabdriver beside his cab, and saw a man cutting from one side of the street to the other. That would be the east side of Patton and over to the west side of Patton. And he was running.

Mr. GUINYARD: [H]e come down Patton until he got to about 5 feet from the corner of Jefferson and then he turned across and went across to the west corner on Jefferson.
Mr. BALL. What side of the street did you see him coming down on?
Mr. GUINYARD. He was on the left side--when he come down--it would be the east side.

Two starkly different stories!

Here's CE537, with Mr. Callaway's markings showing the route down Patton he saw the gunman take:

And here, in added red, is Mr. Guinyard's recollection of the route down Patton he saw the gunman take:

Mr. Callaway: opposite side of the street to us-------WEST side
Mr. Guinyard: same side of the street to us-------EAST side

Mr: Callaway: the closest distance he was to us: ~56 feet.
Mr. Guinyard: closest distance: ~10 feet

I repeat the question: How do we reconcile these two recollections?

Answer: We can't. Something is wrong with one of these recollections.

And that something gives us a very important clue as to how the weird brown jacket/white jacket + alley/Patton-to-Jefferson dualities are to be resolved.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 04:09:50 AM by Alan Ford »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #652 on: August 24, 2023, 03:56:33 AM »
Two inarguable statements:

1. It is firmly established that multiple witnesses saw the gunman go off into the alley off Patton.

2. It is firmly established that multiple witnesses saw the gunman go all the way down Patton to Jefferson.

How on earth can both of these things possibly be true?

They can't.

But change the wording ever so slightly, and the solution comes into view--------------------

1. It is firmly established that multiple witnesses saw a man with a gun go into the alley off Patton.

2. It is firmly established that multiple witnesses saw a man with a gun go all the way down Patton to Jefferson.

Thumb1:
« Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 04:11:36 AM by Alan Ford »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #652 on: August 24, 2023, 03:56:33 AM »

Online John Iacoletti

« Reply #653 on: August 24, 2023, 06:36:00 AM »
Do you really want to argue about stupid sh!t?  You asked for a cite.  I gave you a cite.  Actually, I provided the cite in the original comment.
 Just because I did not provide a link or post an image of the transcript of the interview does not mean than I did not give you a cite.  Grow up.

No, Bill. A citation includes information on how to locate the thing you’re citing.

Who's being coy?  Since you've (finally) listened to the audio, does Jimmy Burt say that he saw the man who would eventually shoot Tippit walking along Tenth across the street from the yard he (Burt) was in, as I stated?  Or not?

So what if he did? He said he couldn’t identify that man.

As I already said, that doesn’t help you with regard to your “real witness” William Smith, does it?

Still conspicuously absent: your answer to the question of whether Davis, Davis, Callaway, and Guinyard were “real witnesses” per your standard.

Online John Iacoletti

« Reply #654 on: August 24, 2023, 06:49:49 AM »
So Bill would have us believe that the gunman got all the way down Patton and turned on Jefferson before Burt got to a place where he could look south on Patton, and then the gunman went over a block, cut through a parking lot, left a jacket under a car, and got back up to the alley all before Burt could go half a block down Patton to look down the alley. And this all happened and Burt still got back up to 10th before the ambulance arrived.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #654 on: August 24, 2023, 06:49:49 AM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #655 on: August 24, 2023, 03:35:04 PM »
But change the wording ever so slightly, and the solution comes into view--------------------

1. It is firmly established that multiple witnesses saw a man with a gun go into the alley off Patton.

2. It is firmly established that multiple witnesses saw a man with a gun go all the way down Patton to Jefferson.

Thumb1:

Let us draw out the solution:

EVENT 1. A man with a gun, wearing a light-brown jacket, came onto Patton off Tenth, immediately crossed over to the west side and then went down an alley.
EVENT 2. A man with a gun, wearing a gray/white jacket, come onto Patton off Tenth, stayed on the east side and went all the way down to Jefferson.

Event 1 happened shortly before Event 2.

Multiple people saw Event 1.
Multiple other people saw Event 2.

Only one person saw both Event 1 and Event 2. His name was Mr. Ted Callaway. He started looking north on Patton shortly before Mr. Sam Guinyard did. By the time Mr. Guinyard came to look north on Patton, Event 1 had already taken place: the man in the light-brown jacket had disappeared down the alleyway.

Let us call the man with a gun seen in Event 1 Tan Jacket Man.
Let us call the man with a gun seen in Event 2 White Jacket Man

By the time White Jacket Man came onto Patton, Tan Jacket Man had already disappeared down the alley off Patton.
White Jacket Man had, from Tenth, seen Tan Jacket Man turn onto Patton. He went in the direction he had shortly before this seen him go. Not knowing, however, that Tan Jacket Man had turned off into the alley off Patton, White Jacket Man assumed incorrectly that Tan Jacket Man had gone straight down Patton for Jefferson. And so that's the way he went himself.

Because White Jacket Man was (as he thought) following in the path taken by Tan Jacket Man.

This makes new sense of the following moment:

Mr. BALL. What did he do when you hollered at him?
Mr. CALLAWAY. He slowed his pace, almost halted for a minute. And he said something to me, which I could not understand. And then kind of shrugged his shoulders, and kept on going.

White Jacket Man hadn't come from shooting Officer Tippit. He had come from seeing Tan Jacket Man shoot Officer Tippit.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 06:23:23 PM by Alan Ford »