Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Who Killed J.D. Tippit?  (Read 55128 times)

Offline Alan Ford

Re: Who Killed J.D. Tippit?
« Reply #672 on: August 25, 2023, 01:05:42 PM »
Advertisement
PRIME CANDIDATE FOR TAN JACKET MAN (=SHOOTER OF OFFICER TIPPIT):

Description of Officer Tippit's shooter given by Mr. William Smith to FBI 12/12/63:

"a white male, about 5' 7" to 5'8", 20 to 25 years of age, 150-160, wearing a white shirt, light brown jacket and dark pants"

The man above is easily confusable in a witness' memory with Mr. Oswald. Why, he even has the same tense clenched-lipped expression (or, as the Warren Gullibles would call it, 'smirk').................

Thumb1:
« Last Edit: August 25, 2023, 01:12:02 PM by Alan Ford »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #672 on: August 25, 2023, 01:05:42 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #673 on: August 25, 2023, 05:43:12 PM »

Excellent post , Mr Brown....   Just the FACTS as Jimmy Burt witnessed them.    Jimmy Burt obviously did not believe that Lee Oswald was the man who shot J.D. Tippit.     

Offline Zeon Mason

« Reply #674 on: August 25, 2023, 07:31:10 PM »
Hey, we will convince Mr. Brown he is with CT side before long , 😵‍💫

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #674 on: August 25, 2023, 07:31:10 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #675 on: August 25, 2023, 09:27:28 PM »
What part of the word “locate” are you struggling with?

Where does Chapman claim that? It’s not in the transcript you just posted.

When did Smith ever say he saw the officer’s patrol car stopped? And what makes you think Clemons didn’t see a stopped patrol car as well?

Isn’t it obvious? You’re arbitrarily defining “real witness” as seeing Tippit fall. You made your bed, now you have to sleep in it.

Smith doesn’t say anything in his testimony about seeing anything before hearing the shots.

What part of the word “locate” are you struggling with?

You wanna keep on and on about this?  Okay.

Again, I do not need to locate it for you in order to have provided the cite.

When did Smith ever say he saw the officer’s patrol car stopped? And what makes you think Clemons didn’t see a stopped patrol car as well?

Burt said he and Smith stood there in the front yard watching the officer and the man talk.

Clemons never said she saw the officer talking to the man.

Isn’t it obvious? You’re arbitrarily defining “real witness” as seeing Tippit fall. You made your bed, now you have to sleep in it.

I stand by everything I've said.  You've created a straw man argument since we're talking about who did and did not see the stopped patrol car and the officer talking to the man and you want to bring up witnesses who were around the corner.

Smith doesn’t say anything in his testimony about seeing anything before hearing the shots.

I haven't said Smith ever stated that he saw anything before hearing the shots.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2023, 09:34:57 PM by Bill Brown »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #676 on: August 25, 2023, 09:32:18 PM »
Crawford is a block over from Patton.

Great, then I don’t believe he saw a guy walking down the street before hearing the shots. That was easy.

Cherry-picker.

Bull. The police tapes tell you exactly nothing about what Burt did.

Funny, then why did Virginia Davis say that police were already there when she saw the policeman lying on the street?

Crawford is a block over from Patton.

But at this point, the killer didn't go all the way to Crawford nor did he go over a block.

Great, then I don’t believe he saw a guy walking down the street before hearing the shots. That was easy.

But, the evidence (the police tapes) tells you that Burt is wrong when he mentions the timing of the arrival of ambulance.  This is simple stuff if you'd just run off and listen to the tapes or read the transcripts.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2023, 09:36:06 PM by Bill Brown »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #676 on: August 25, 2023, 09:32:18 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #677 on: August 25, 2023, 10:08:54 PM »
The Mr. Jimmy Earl Burt who says in Dec 1963 that he saw the shooter turn off into the alley just after the shooting, and that he saw this from his vantage point at the intersection of Tenth and Patton, is saying something that Mr. Bill Brown doesn't like. Therefore he is an UNREAL witness.

However, the Mr. Jimmy Earl Burt who in 1968 doesn't mention his having seen the shooter turn off into the alley just after the shooting, from his vantage point at the intersection of Tenth and Patton, is not saying something that Mr. Bill Brown doesn't like. Therefore he is a REAL witness.

Now some would characterize this approach to evidence as shameless cherry-picking. Not me. I see it as an example of Mr. Bill Brown's rigorous and powerfully simple methodology for arriving at conclusions that will be palatable to Mr. Bill Brown.

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #678 on: August 26, 2023, 01:21:31 AM »

But at this point, the killer didn't go all the way to Crawford nor did he go over a block.

But, the evidence (the police tapes) tells you that Burt is wrong when he mentions the timing of the arrival of ambulance.  This is simple stuff if you'd just run off and listen to the tapes or read the transcripts.

the evidence (the police tapes)

A preponderance of the evidence demonstrates that the police tapes can not be relied on as they do simply do not match with the actual sequence of events.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #678 on: August 26, 2023, 01:21:31 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #679 on: August 26, 2023, 05:14:59 AM »
You wanna keep on and on about this?  Okay.

Again, I do not need to locate it for you in order to have provided the cite.

Then you don’t understand what “cite” means.

Burt said he and Smith stood there in the front yard watching the officer and the man talk.

Hearsay. Burt can’t attest to what Smith saw.

I stand by everything I've said.  You've created a straw man argument since we're talking about who did and did not see the stopped patrol car and the officer talking to the man and you want to bring up witnesses who were around the corner.

No, we’re talking about your contrived criteria for “real witness” that excludes witnesses that you rely on for your arguments. Why does it matter who saw a stopped police car? Clemons saw a stopped police car. Everyone who came by that afternoon after the shooting saw a stopped police car. The Davises weren’t “around the corner”.

I haven't said Smith ever stated that he saw anything before hearing the shots.

Then he never said he saw anything more than Clemons said she did.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2023, 05:26:43 AM by John Iacoletti »