Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Who Killed J.D. Tippit?  (Read 55314 times)

Offline Alan Ford

Re: Who Killed J.D. Tippit?
« Reply #656 on: August 24, 2023, 03:36:59 PM »
Advertisement
So Bill would have us believe that the gunman got all the way down Patton and turned on Jefferson before Burt got to a place where he could look south on Patton, and then the gunman went over a block, cut through a parking lot, left a jacket under a car, and got back up to the alley all before Burt could go half a block down Patton to look down the alley. And this all happened and Burt still got back up to 10th before the ambulance arrived.

Yes, this is what Mr. Bill Brown actually believes. Because he's a) intensely invested emotionally in the official story b) tragically bereft of basic critical thinking skills.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #656 on: August 24, 2023, 03:36:59 PM »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #657 on: August 24, 2023, 06:50:34 PM »
White Jacket Man hadn't come from shooting Officer Tippit. He had come from seeing Tan Jacket Man shoot Officer Tippit.

But the gents down at Johnnie Reynolds motors----------Messrs. Reynolds, Patterson, Lewis & Russell-----------don't know that. They have heard shots in the distance to their north, and now they see a man with a gun who looks for all the world as though he's fleeing the scene. They jump to an understandable but erroneous conclusion: he's the shooter.

Mr. Reynolds (Warren) follows this man west on Jefferson and what does he see? He sees the man enter a second-hand furniture store (413 East Jefferson). Pretty soon, a bunch of cops will have made this store a focus of their search for the Tippit killer.

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #658 on: August 24, 2023, 06:54:14 PM »
Now! Some three years ago, Mr. Dale Myers revealed a fascinating lead he had followed up after being contacted in Nov 2013 by the family of Mrs. Doretha Dean of Dean's Dairy Way, located very close to the furniture store.

Here, according to Mr. Myers, is what the late Mrs. Dean's family members told him:

A few minutes later [i.e. after hearing gunfire, A.F.], Mrs. Dean heard a loud banging on the door of the two-story house next door at 413 E. Jefferson Boulevard. She described it as someone “shaking and banging on the door as if they were ripping off the hinges of the screen door trying to get in.” She stated that the efforts she heard were “hard, fierce, and determined.” That caught her interest.
 Immediately after hearing those sounds, she heard someone “running down the rickety stairs that led down from the second floor” of the second-hand store.
This caused her to look up and out the front window in an easterly direction toward the second-hand store. Just as she did, a young man rounded the corner walking briskly in a westerly direction. As he broke into a run, he was tugging at his jacket, as if to take it off.

Mrs. Dean later identified this man (to family members) as Mr. Lee Harvey Oswald.

But what was the man doing at the furniture store, into which Mr. Reynolds had seen White Jacket Man run?

Mr. Myers reads all this as evidence that Mr. Oswald------------the shooter of Officer Tippit-------------was trying to hide.

But I think he's wrong. Read the description of what Mrs. Dean heard again, and you will I think see that it is actually far more suggestive of a man looking frantically for someone. First: the racket at the screen door. Second, and immediately after this, the noise of someone running DOWN stairs from the SECOND floor.

This was a chase, folks: White Jacket Man in pursuit of Tan Jacket Man.

And another thing Mrs. Dean told family members may contain a further crucial piece of information to help us piece together what really happened.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 08:11:38 PM by Alan Ford »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #658 on: August 24, 2023, 06:54:14 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #659 on: August 24, 2023, 07:02:09 PM »
Yes, this is what Mr. Bill Brown actually believes. Because he's a) intensely invested emotionally in the official story b) tragically bereft of basic critical thinking skills.

The question is:....WHO killed J.D. Tippit  ??   I don't know ....But I'm 100% certain that it was NOT Lee Oswald.

It appears that the killer was a professional hit man.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 07:04:01 PM by Walt Cakebread »

Offline Alan Ford

« Reply #660 on: August 24, 2023, 08:34:31 PM »
This was a chase, folks: White Jacket Man in pursuit of Tan Jacket Man.

And another thing Mrs. Dean told family members may contain a further crucial piece of information to help us piece together what really happened.

Mr. Myers was told that Mrs. Dean "stepped out of the store and peeped around the corner" after the man she had just seen. The man "had flung the jacket onto a tire rack of the Texaco station next door". Mrs. Dean "picked it up and came back into the store. Later when the police arrived, my mother turned the jacket over to them telling them she had found it on the tire rack".

Now Mr. Myers, who gives full credence to the earlier part of Mrs. Dean's story, is having none of this: Mrs. Dean simply couldn't have found the jacket, as the jacket was found under a car in the parking lot.

The jacket? Well, one of them anyway. But there is a possibility that Mr. Myers appears not to have considered: the jacket found by Mrs. Dean was not the same jacket as the jacket found under a car.

What's missing from the account is any mention of what color the jacket Mrs. Dean said she found was.

I believe that Tan Jacket Man may have discarded his jacket at the tire rack, and that it was his jacket that was found and brought into the Dean's Dairy Way store by Mrs. Dean. He had quietly slipped out of the furniture store just as White Jacket Man was entering it, and---------knowing he'd been pursued to this area----------needed to lose the jacket asap.

Recall this detail from the earlier part of Mrs. Dean's account, as quoted by Mr. Myers: "As he broke into a run, he was tugging at his jacket, as if to take it off." It would make sense that he did in fact take it off just moments after this, and discarded it on the spot.

I submit that Mr. Myers' dual policy of endorsing Mrs. Dean as a terrifically credible and important witness on one phase of her story, whilst dismissing her in effect as a deceptive fantasist on the other, is incoherent--------------and that my analysis of her WHOLE story is a lot more cogent.

Thumb1:
« Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 08:37:01 PM by Alan Ford »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #660 on: August 24, 2023, 08:34:31 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #661 on: August 25, 2023, 02:13:11 AM »
No, Bill. A citation includes information on how to locate the thing you’re citing.

So what if he did? He said he couldn’t identify that man.

As I already said, that doesn’t help you with regard to your “real witness” William Smith, does it?

Still conspicuously absent: your answer to the question of whether Davis, Davis, Callaway, and Guinyard were “real witnesses” per your standard.

No, Bill. A citation includes information on how to locate the thing you’re citing.

The 1968 Burt interview with Chapman; as I already stated multiple times.

So what if he did? He said he couldn’t identify that man.

As I already said, that doesn’t help you with regard to your “real witness” William Smith, does it?

Correct, Burt said he could not identify the man.  Burt did not say that the man was in fact not Oswald, as falsely claimed by Chapman when he summarized the interview with Burt.

Both Burt and Smith were REAL witnesses, yes.  Unlike Clemons.  It is faulty on your part to state that Clemons is as much a witness as Burt and Smith.  Burt and Smith saw the officer's patrol car stopped and Smith saw Tippit fall.  Clemons saw none of that.

Still conspicuously absent: your answer to the question of whether Davis, Davis, Callaway, and Guinyard were “real witnesses” per your standard.

Why do you keep bringing up Davis, Davis, Callaway and Guinyard?  They're completely unrelated when it comes to your false claim that Clemons saw as much as witnesses like Burt, Smith, Benavides, Markham and Scoggins.

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #662 on: August 25, 2023, 02:22:56 AM »
So Bill would have us believe that the gunman got all the way down Patton and turned on Jefferson before Burt got to a place where he could look south on Patton, and then the gunman went over a block, cut through a parking lot, left a jacket under a car, and got back up to the alley all before Burt could go half a block down Patton to look down the alley. And this all happened and Burt still got back up to 10th before the ambulance arrived.

First of all, why are you saying the gunman went "over a block" after he turned from Patton onto Jefferson before cutting through the parking lot and hiding a jacket?  Are you unaware of the layout of the land?

I do not believe Burt did all of that before the ambulance arrived.  An elementary-level knowledge of the police tapes will tell you so.  Listen to the tapes or read the transcripts and compare that to what Burt says about the library and the ambulance.  Do I really have to spell this out for you?  Burt also said policemen had began gathering at the scene when they returned to the scene after going halfway down Patton and the ambulance had yet to come.  The tapes tell you this can't be true.  I think you need to go listen to the tapes.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #662 on: August 25, 2023, 02:22:56 AM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #663 on: August 25, 2023, 02:25:15 AM »

No.  That is not what I believe at all.  Anyone with even a cursory knowledge of the police tapes would know better.  You know you can read the transcripts for yourself, right?