Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Yet Another Shooter??  (Read 20779 times)

Online Dan O'meara

Re: Yet Another Shooter??
« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2023, 08:43:32 PM »
Advertisement
Ok, I'll bite.  How does this letter prove that he wasn't there?

My bad.
I most certainly should not have used the word "prove" and you are right to point it out.
The letter, a donation to the Sixth Floor Museum, is accompanied with the explanation that this letter was written shortly after the assassination.
The letter doesn't prove he wasn't there, obviously, but it is strong circumstantial evidence that Arnold wasn't there that day and nothing more than that.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2023, 08:47:13 PM by Dan O'meara »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2023, 08:43:32 PM »

Offline Royell Storing

« Reply #97 on: November 05, 2023, 10:25:25 PM »
My bad.
I most certainly should not have used the word "prove" and you are right to point it out.
The letter, a donation to the Sixth Floor Museum, is accompanied with the explanation that this letter was written shortly after the assassination.
The letter doesn't prove he wasn't there, obviously, but it is strong circumstantial evidence that Arnold wasn't there that day and nothing more than that.

Like I said, Sixth Floor Museum leaks this letter out, but goes dark with regard to their conducting a Gordon Arnold Interview, and the Widow of Arnold and Son interview. Plus, they say nothing about having the alleged Arnold camera. Who knows what else they are sitting on inside what Fronts as a museum?

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #98 on: November 06, 2023, 03:26:44 PM »
My bad.

I don't see how.  For it to be so, then some things have to be assumed without evidence.

- That the letter was indeed written shortly after the assassination
- That Gordon hadn't previously discussed the events of the day with his wife in an earlier letter or phone call
- that not enough time had elapsed for him to have gotten to Seattle before writing the letter

One weird thing is that I know the World's Fair was in NYC in 1963.  But I looked it up, and there was a "Century 21 Exposition" (also known as the Seattle World's Fair).  The problem is that it took place between April 21 and October 21, 1962.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #98 on: November 06, 2023, 03:26:44 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #99 on: November 06, 2023, 04:52:29 PM »

Decades later
The Seattle World's Fair was also a redevelopment program. The buildings onsite were initially left standing, with very few changes over the decades.

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #100 on: November 06, 2023, 05:07:00 PM »
I don't see how.  For it to be so, then some things have to be assumed without evidence.

- That the letter was indeed written shortly after the assassination
- That Gordon hadn't previously discussed the events of the day with his wife in an earlier letter or phone call
- that not enough time had elapsed for him to have gotten to Seattle before writing the letter

One weird thing is that I know the World's Fair was in NYC in 1963.  But I looked it up, and there was a "Century 21 Exposition" (also known as the Seattle World's Fair).  The problem is that it took place between April 21 and October 21, 1962.

I thought circumstantial evidence was "assumed evidence".
I'm assuming the letter is indeed from Gordon Arnold and that it was written by him. I'm assuming the letter isn't a forgery. I'm assuming the site I saw it on isn't fake.
I'm assuming the Sixth Floor Museum knew what it was talking about about.
I'm assuming a really large amount of things, there can't be any denying that.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #100 on: November 06, 2023, 05:07:00 PM »

Offline Gary Hemod

« Reply #101 on: November 21, 2023, 08:46:34 PM »
Is that person standing on the bench that the young black couple were sitting on? The couple who threw down the soda bottle.

That's where Leroy Blevins Sr proposed that the shooter was - just inside the pergola behind Zapruder firing from the 3rd 'window'.
But that window is high and it needed somebody to lift the shooter possibly?
It would account for Zapruder saying the shot came over his shoulder.

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #102 on: November 22, 2023, 09:49:14 AM »

That's where Leroy Blevins Sr proposed that the shooter was - just inside the pergola behind Zapruder firing from the 3rd 'window'.
But that window is high and it needed somebody to lift the shooter possibly?
It would account for Zapruder saying the shot came over his shoulder.

Zapruder never says the shot came from over his shoulder. He assumes the shot came from behind him because that's where the police seem to rush to after the shooting.
Marylin Sitzman, stood next to Zapruder, describes the shots as being quiet and coming from the direction of the TSBD building.
Neither of them support a shot being heard directly behind them and the idea that the assassin is being held up by someone else is like something out of a Marx Brothers routine.

Offline Royell Storing

« Reply #103 on: November 22, 2023, 04:39:57 PM »

I find it difficult to respect a guy that hid his getting an extra $125K for his film and then presented the facade that he gave ALL the money he received for the film to the Tippit Family. That's  BS:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #103 on: November 22, 2023, 04:39:57 PM »