Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Dr. Cyril Wecht has died  (Read 6004 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: Dr. Cyril Wecht has died
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2024, 11:16:30 AM »
Advertisement

Also, that's a generous amount of knee room for Kennedy that Wecht has allowed. Wecht's version made it into the "JFK" movie.

Thanks for pointing out JFK’s knee room. That last photo clearly shows JFK’s legs pointing slightly to the right. We cannot see JBC’s legs as clearly. However, it does stand to reason that he could have his legs pointed slightly to the right also. Andrew Mason acts like this position is impossible without castration. But here is proof beyond any doubt whatsoever that it is not impossible (or even improbable).
« Last Edit: May 15, 2024, 11:29:27 AM by Charles Collins »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2024, 11:16:30 AM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2024, 03:58:54 PM »
One of those people who appeared intelligent but constantly reached outlandish conclusions.  Did he do that intentionally for publicity or did he have a screw loose and believe his own nonsense?  Not that those are mutually exclusive, but more interesting to contemplate than his laughable theories about the JFK assassination.

There is Nothing more "laughable" than the SBT. A "theory" that was cooked up inna basement using a mock backseat that looks identical to the same backseat used by Mickey Rooney and Judy Garland during their "Andy Hardy" days. The SBT was always  BS: that has Now been dismantled by SCIENCE. Wecht had it right regarding the SBT and he persisted in the face of intense ridicule. (See the above). Wecht was a Man Of Science. Science has conclusively proven the SBT, "IS IMPOSSIBLE".  The LN Community is now "braying" directly into the face of Science. "Oh how the mighty have fallen". 

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2024, 05:27:52 PM »
Theories require extensive testing and agreement within the scientific community. Theories are not described as true or right, but as the best-supported explanation of the world based on evidence.

https://manoa.hawaii.edu/exploringourfluidearth/physical/ocean-floor/continental-movement-plate-tectonics/practices-science-opinion-hypothesis-theory

The single bullet conclusion has been tested and agreed upon as the best-supported explanation by many scientific studies and has been that way for over sixty years. The Knott Labs study has not been tested or agreed upon by anyone other than Knott Labs.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2024, 05:27:52 PM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2024, 06:43:23 PM »
Theories require extensive testing and agreement within the scientific community. Theories are not described as true or right, but as the best-supported explanation of the world based on evidence.

https://manoa.hawaii.edu/exploringourfluidearth/physical/ocean-floor/continental-movement-plate-tectonics/practices-science-opinion-hypothesis-theory

The single bullet conclusion has been tested and agreed upon as the best-supported explanation by many scientific studies and has been that way for over sixty years. The Knott Labs study has not been tested or agreed upon by anyone other than Knott Labs.

"...best-supported EXPLANATION.........."?   That is Not Science. That's verbal dodge ball.  The SBT was invented by a Lawyer/Specter. Again, that's Not Science, or connected to science in any manner. Knott Lab Laser SCIENCE traces bullet trajectories and is routinely admitted as evidence inside court rooms across the USA. So we got a 1963 politically motivated Lawyer with a mock back seat and a pointer vs Real Science. Not a difficult choice here.     
« Last Edit: May 15, 2024, 06:44:43 PM by Royell Storing »

Online Fergus O'Brien

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2024, 08:09:54 PM »

it was tested based on what figures ? , if it is based on the warren commission and indeed Spectors theories and trajectories it does not and cannot work . this is the very reason the BACK wound has been falsely raised to the right of the neck . the HSCA later also knew it did not work and they deceived and had JFK leaning markedly forward before he first reacted . the Zapruder film shows that the lean only came after he first reacted .

when it comes to photos (or even film ) they can easily be deceptive , i mean in terms angles and perspective . photos taken from angles , overhead , offset to right or left can be deceptive . we know the jump seat was 2.5 inches inboard . jfks right arm was comfortably resting on the side wall of the limo . connallys right arm can be seen resting on the right side of the limo all be it it was not on it quite as much as JFKs which we would expect given the jump seat was a few inches inboard .

the commission and hsca etc agreed on the SBT , LN agree on it , that is hardly an endorsement of accuracy . all be it i recall a well known LN right here on this sight posting in reply to me saying he thought (i am not speaking verbatim now ) that the SBT was a nonsense . this was a very well known , very intelligent and very well researched LN here , a man very familiar with weapons , and he while saying Oswald did could not go along with the SBT . i feel sure some of the current LN here may recognize who i speak of . whether we be LN or CT or neither of those , if we use our eyes , our common sense , we will see a nonsense for exactly what it is . the SBT theory starts with a lie , an entry location where there provably was no entry wound . that alone nullifies it . and Connally and Russell did not buy it either . so we have to call a spade a spade here .

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2024, 08:09:54 PM »

Online Fergus O'Brien

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2024, 08:27:00 PM »
here is a photo from love field with Connallys right arm resting on the right side of the limo . not exactly in line with JFKs as we must expect but not that far removed either .

here is a photo showing the correct position of the jump seat and its close proximity to the right door / ride side of the limo .

i have not seen other angles of wechts chair recreation , but i dare say he was not trying to be 100% accurate as much as trying to show why the SBT does not pass the smell test .

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2024, 09:58:31 PM »
The idea that evolved into the single bullet theory originated with Dr. Humes in his Warren Commission testimony. This is spelled out in “Passion for Truth” by Arlen Spector, pate 80. Here is a snip from that page:

Our Friday interview with Humes and Boswell produced a revelation: The bullet that passed through Kennedy’s neck proceeded in a straight line, struck nothing solid, and exited with great velocity. The doctors had not mentioned this in their autopsy report. “The missle struck no bony structures in traversing the body of the late president.” Humes testified when I questioned him the following Monday. “Therefore, I believe it was moving at its exit from the president’s body at only very slightly less than that velocity, so it was still traveling at great speed.”
Humes then referred to Commission Exhibit 398, a frame of the Zapruder film that showed Kennedy raising his hands to his neck, presumably after being shot there. “I believe in looking at Exhibit 398, which purports to be at approximately the time the president was struck,” Humes said, “I see that Governor Connally is sitting directly in front of the late president, and suggest the possibility that this missile, having traversed the low neck of the late president, in fact traversed the chest of Governor Connally.”

The origin of the idea/opinion that evolved into a hypothesis, then theory and conclusion began with Dr. Humes. It has been extensively tested and evaluated by the scientific community time and time again over the past sixty-plus years and it is strongly supported by the vast majority of the scientists who have tested it. The Knott Labs study tries in vain to disprove the single bullet conclusion but fails miserably. No truly unbiased jury (they are all supposed to be unbiased) could ever believe that the Knott Labs study disproves the single bullet conclusion.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2024, 10:00:48 PM by Charles Collins »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2024, 09:58:31 PM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2024, 10:20:36 PM »
The idea that evolved into the single bullet theory originated with Dr. Humes in his Warren Commission testimony. This is spelled out in “Passion for Truth” by Arlen Spector, pate 80. Here is a snip from that page:

Our Friday interview with Humes and Boswell produced a revelation: The bullet that passed through Kennedy’s neck proceeded in a straight line, struck nothing solid, and exited with great velocity. The doctors had not mentioned this in their autopsy report. “The missle struck no bony structures in traversing the body of the late president.” Humes testified when I questioned him the following Monday. “Therefore, I believe it was moving at its exit from the president’s body at only very slightly less than that velocity, so it was still traveling at great speed.”
Humes then referred to Commission Exhibit 398, a frame of the Zapruder film that showed Kennedy raising his hands to his neck, presumably after being shot there. “I believe in looking at Exhibit 398, which purports to be at approximately the time the president was struck,” Humes said, “I see that Governor Connally is sitting directly in front of the late president, and suggest the possibility that this missile, having traversed the low neck of the late president, in fact traversed the chest of Governor Connally.”

The origin of the idea/opinion that evolved into a hypothesis, then theory and conclusion began with Dr. Humes. It has been extensively tested and evaluated by the scientific community time and time again over the past sixty-plus years and it is strongly supported by the vast majority of the scientists who have tested it. The Knott Labs study tries in vain to disprove the single bullet conclusion but fails miserably. No truly unbiased jury (they are all supposed to be unbiased) could ever believe that the Knott Labs study disproves the single bullet conclusion.

You just shot yourself in the foot. Humes did Not support the SBT.