Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Gov Connelly's movements after being hit  (Read 804 times)

Offline Warren Cox

Gov Connelly's movements after being hit
« on: May 31, 2024, 02:37:08 AM »
Advertisement
Gov Connelly's testimony was he collapsed into his wife's lap and lost consciousness.
In Zapruder as the limo speeds away, he gets up after a few seconds, looks to the rear and then sits in the back seat where JFK was sitting.
He had a fractured rib, collapsed lung, shattered wrist and a bullet wound to the thigh and he's moving around?

JFK Assassination Forum

Gov Connelly's movements after being hit
« on: May 31, 2024, 02:37:08 AM »

Online Charles Collins

Re: Gov Connelly's movements after being hit
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2024, 01:10:20 PM »
JBC specifically said that he did not see JFK after the shooting began. However, based on what we can see in the Z-film, it appears that he may have had an emotional/mental block to the horrific sight he must have seen. This would be similar to Jackie’s emotional/mental block regarding crawling onto the trunk. Now, I am a little surprised that Nellie Connally also appears to have an emotional/mental block of JBC rising back up and apparently looking into the back seat. It could be that she also saw the horror and subsequently blocked the memory. Or, that she simply went along with her husband’s insistence that he did not see JFK after the shots began.

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2024, 04:17:53 AM »
In Zapruder as the limo speeds away, he gets up after a few seconds, looks to the rear and then sits in the back seat where JFK was sitting.

Try watching it again.  And put away the mushrooms this time.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2024, 04:17:53 AM »

Offline Steve Barber

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2024, 02:52:22 PM »

I was the first to point out the actions of JBC after the release of the MPI version of the Zapruder film.  John McAdams published my paper, which I wrote in 1999 after viewing the film: https://www.jfk-assassination.net/looking.htm 

Here, you can see it in motion, very, very clearly in this video by Gerda Dunckel who did some outstanding work with the Zapruder film.  However, JBC is NOT seated in JFK's seat:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2024, 04:55:11 PM by Steve Barber »

Offline Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2024, 03:00:34 PM »
Andrew: He does. Right before the limo goes under the overpass. When I first saw it I was amazed since I never really looked at that last part of the film.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2024, 03:00:34 PM »

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2024, 03:40:57 PM »
Andrew: He does. Right before the limo goes under the overpass. When I first saw it I was amazed since I never really looked at that last part of the film.

Cox "looks to the rear and then sits in the back seat where JFK was sitting."

I think Andrew's point is he does not sit in JFK's seat.

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2024, 05:32:31 AM »
JBC specifically said that he did not see JFK after the shooting began. However, based on what we can see in the Z-film, it appears that he may have had an emotional/mental block to the horrific sight he must have seen. This would be similar to Jackie’s emotional/mental block regarding crawling onto the trunk. Now, I am a little surprised that Nellie Connally also appears to have an emotional/mental block of JBC rising back up and apparently looking into the back seat. It could be that she also saw the horror and subsequently blocked the memory. Or, that she simply went along with her husband’s insistence that he did not see JFK after the shots began.
It's difficult to tell exactly where Connally's eyes are pointed. Plus, a large bouquet falls over between the Connallys and the back seat at the time this goes on. The governor may have never seen JFK, just as he said.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2024, 05:32:31 AM »

Offline Steve M. Galbraith

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2024, 02:41:13 PM »
Cox "looks to the rear and then sits in the back seat where JFK was sitting."

I think Andrew's point is he does not sit in JFK's seat.
Thanks, yes, my error. I misread what he was referring to.