Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: A Closer Look…  (Read 3353 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: A Closer Look…
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2024, 11:56:18 PM »
Advertisement
I wish I could take credit, but that important discovery is yours. And thanks.

I am making a new animation more centered on Gold-Top Girl and found something new elsewhere that's odd.

I am making a new animation more centered on Gold-Top Girl …

Yay! Thank you very much. I am thinking that including showing her shortly before she enters the frame of your other clip might tend to show her sudden jump a bit clearer.   Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2024, 11:56:18 PM »

Offline Steve Barber

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2024, 12:31:06 AM »
Agreed.

No he doesn't. At no point is he looking to his left. He is looking towards the limo at all times.

I literally just dealt with this. He is reacting to Mary Woodward and her colleagues calling out. I have provided evidence for this which you have, yet again, chosen to ignore.

Agreed.

I have literally just dealt with this and, yet again, you have chosen to ignore it.
She is not reacting to a shot and I have provided evidence demonstrating this which you totally ignore.

I've watched the Z-film a few times now and I can't see this head snap.
There is nothing even remotely like a head snap.
Can you provide evidence of this?

Or he turns to watch the rest of the motorcade as he's lost sight of the limo.

Hard physical evidence?
Of people just looking around.
You're also forgetting that the 20+ people who show no reaction whatsoever is also "hard physical evidence".

No, she doesn't.
She's already running as she enters the clip.

Please explain in what world this indicates a reaction to a loud, explosive noise.

Already dealt with.
She is reacting to Mary Woodward and her friends calling out. I've provided this evidence. You have chosen to ignore it.

Probably in response to Mary Woodward and co. calling out.

Ready is looking to his left then resumes scanning forward and left.
He stays in this position until we last see him in z207.
At no point does he make the right rear turn towards the TSBD we see in Altgens 6.

There must be over 100 people shown in the Z-film.
Two or three turn their heads in the direction of the TSBD around the time you believe the first shot occurred.

I thought you believed a first shot in the z130's anyway?

Dan,

Dan O'mera,

Both President Kennedy and Governor Connally nearly simpultaneoulsy both snap their heads to their right.  Zapruder's camera also jerks at the same time, because something startled him at that point.  Most likely, the first  shot fired caused this, because Zapruder does this two more times.  Second time is just after the car is emerging from behind the Stemmons sign. Frames 226, 227, 228, and slightly 229 all are blurred as a result of Zapruder's reaction to the shot fire, circa 222/223, and frames 318, 319 and 320 after the fatal shot is fired

. It seems odd that Zapruder flinched at the same time the three sudden reactions occur within the limousine by both President Kennedy and Governor Connally.  Governor Connally never changes position until frame 223, after jerking his head from left to right circa Z 154 and this is when he shows first signs of being hit, and by the next frame President Kennedy is reacting.  Coincidence?   I do not think so. 

Online Dan O'meara

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2024, 01:47:40 AM »
  Dan,

Dan O'mera,

Both President Kennedy and Governor Connally nearly simpultaneoulsy both snap their heads to their right.  Zapruder's camera also jerks at the same time, because something startled him at that point.  Most likely, the first  shot fired caused this, because Zapruder does this two more times.  Second time is just after the car is emerging from behind the Stemmons sign. Frames 226, 227, 228, and slightly 229 all are blurred as a result of Zapruder's reaction to the shot fire, circa 222/223, and frames 318, 319 and 320 after the fatal shot is fired

. It seems odd that Zapruder flinched at the same time the three sudden reactions occur within the limousine by both President Kennedy and Governor Connally.  Governor Connally never changes position until frame 223, after jerking his head from left to right circa Z 154 and this is when he shows first signs of being hit, and by the next frame President Kennedy is reacting.  Coincidence?   I do not think so.

Both President Kennedy and Governor Connally nearly simpultaneoulsy both snap their heads to their right.

Do you agree that after his head "snap", JFK starts waving and smiling at the people lining Elm Street?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2024, 01:47:40 AM »

Online John Mytton

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2024, 03:04:53 AM »
Both President Kennedy and Governor Connally nearly simpultaneoulsy both snap their heads to their right.

Do you agree that after his head "snap", JFK starts waving and smiling at the people lining Elm Street?

I see both Connally's and both Kennedy's simultaneously all look towards their right and John Connally who knows what a rifle shot sounds like, has a very concerned look on his face which was not the look of someone happy to see his adoring public and looking at Mrs. Connally, she also appears to look back over her right shoulder and back towards the TSBD. Perhaps unlike Connally who was tuned in to the sound of gunfire, JFK like many others simply thought the initial unexpected sound was just a fire cracker, so while JFK did react, he continued to do his primary job.

Mr. SPECTER. As the automobile turned left onto Elm from Houston, what did occur there, Governor?
Governor CONNALLY. We had--we had gone, I guess, 150 feet, maybe 200 feet, I don't recall how far it was, heading down to get on the freeway, the Stemmons Freeway, to go out to the hall where we were going to have lunch and, as I say, the crowds had begun to thin, and we could--I was anticipating that we were going to be at the hall in approximately 5 minutes from the time we turned on Elm Street.
We had just made the turn, well, when I heard what I thought was a shot. I heard this noise which I immediately took to be a rifle shot. I instinctively turned to my right because the sound appeared to come from over my right shoulder...

JohnM

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2024, 03:06:38 AM »

I saw the two figures to the right rise up. There's also a man who, in the mid-180s, is behind Gold-Top, who I think rises up. Plus the figure on the left spotted by Charles. I think the two circled on the right may be people who were out on the pavement on Houston who later stood up on the curb. You can see Phil Willis lifting his camera and, behind him, his daughter Linda (she's on the right, in a blue top, walking in front of the pool wall). There are some artifacts caused by sharpening and compression. The horizontal out-of-scaling at the end is from the exposed area drifting closer to the outer edge.

There's a lady on the lower right waving a hanky. She and a friend are wearing black gloves, as was Nellie Connally. Probably a vogue fashion thing for the time. The older gentleman in the left foreground wearing a suit is holding a Stetson-like hat.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2024, 03:08:53 AM by Jerry Organ »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2024, 03:06:38 AM »

Offline Steve Barber

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2024, 04:48:54 AM »

Yes, but if you freeze the frame at 161, look at the startled expression on his face. In the frames that follow, he then begins smiling at the girls on the sidewalk, more than likely because he pobably thought it was a firecracker.  Meanwhile, John Connally has a veryy stern look on his face, is not waving, rather, he sits there motionless.  He told the WC he heard a shot and knew it was a rifleshot. You cannot ignore the jerk of Zapruder's camera, either. 

Online John Mytton

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2024, 05:35:53 AM »
Yes, but if you freeze the frame at 161, look at the startled expression on his face. In the frames that follow, he then begins smiling at the girls on the sidewalk, more than likely because he pobably thought it was a firecracker.  Meanwhile, John Connally has a veryy stern look on his face, is not waving, rather, he sits there motionless.  He told the WC he heard a shot and knew it was a rifleshot. You cannot ignore the jerk of Zapruder's camera, either.

Hey Steve, I hope you are well!

I totally agree with your observations. Thumb1:

Zapruder's vertical camera jerks at the time of the confirmed shots and working backwards, the head shot, the SBF and then the first shot, to me, are self explanatory.

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2024, 05:35:53 AM »

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2024, 06:03:44 AM »
Hey Steve, I hope you are well!

I totally agree with your observations. Thumb1:

Zapruder's vertical camera jerks at the time of the confirmed shots and working backwards, the head shot, the SBF and then the first shot, to me, are self explanatory.

JohnM
It amazes me that no one mentions that both Croft and Betzner said that the first shot happened after they took their pictures which puts the first shot after z186.  Croft said he had enough time roll his film after his z161 photo and take another picture at the moment of the first shot (unfortunately, the camera shutter did not work and the film was unexposed for that frame). Betzner said he took the picture at z186 and he was going to roll the film to take another when the shot occurred.

But it is not just Croft and Betzner. Phil Willis put the first shot just before he took his z202 photo. The occupants of the VP car said they had just completed the turn and were going down Elm St. The occupants of the VP follow up car said that there were in the process of completing the turn. Mary Woodward said that they shouted at the President and he turned toward them - and they were the last people he acknowledged before the first horrible ear-shattering noise. That means the shot could not have been before JFK turns and acknowledges them with a wave because JFK did not acknowledge anyone after that - according to Mary Woodward.

The goal here is not to find head turnings that fit a preferred theory.  Conclusions must fit the evidence and a shot anywhere before z186 does not fit the evidence.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2024, 06:13:39 AM by Andrew Mason »