Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Palmprint  (Read 6623 times)

Offline Michael Capasse

Re: The Palmprint
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2024, 01:25:48 PM »
Advertisement
Look at the confusion still surrounding the recent Trump assassination attempt.  Basic questions are still unanswered a month later.  Apply that to events in the JFK assassination that were occurring on the fly within 24 hours of event.  Investigations of these types can be chaotic.

lame.
Either the print is on the rifle that night or it is not.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2024, 02:59:00 PM by Michael Capasse »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2024, 01:25:48 PM »

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2024, 03:03:18 PM »
lame.

There has to be some odd conspiracy theory around to account for the FBI using the irregularities of the Carcano's rifle barrel to match LHO’s palm print on the Carcano's rifle barrel. If not, maybe the time has come to invent one.

Honorable J. Lee Rankin General Counsel The President's Commission 200 Maryland Avenue, Northeast Washington, D . C.

September 4, 1964 By Courier Service Reference is made to your letter dated September 1, 1964, concerning a palm print which Lieutenant J . C . Day of the Dallas Police Department testified he lifted from the barrel of the assassination weapon, Commission Number 139 . This palm print lift has been compared with the assassination rifle in the FBI Laboratory . The Laboratory examiners were able to positively identify this lift as having com from the assassination rifle in the area of the wooden foregrip . This conclusion is based on a comparison of irregularities in the surface of the metal of the barrel with the impressions of these irregularities an shown in the lift . A photograph marked to show several of the irregularities referred to is attached. The results of the other investigation requested in your letter will be subsequently furnished . Sincerely yours, 

COMMISSION EXHIBIT NO. 2637

Offline Michael Capasse

« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2024, 03:06:49 PM »
There has to be some odd conspiracy theory around to account for the FBI using the irregularities of the Carcano's rifle barrel to match LHO’s palm print on the Carcano's rifle barrel. If not, maybe the time has come to invent one.

Honorable J. Lee Rankin General Counsel The President's Commission 200 Maryland Avenue, Northeast Washington, D . C.

September 4, 1964 By Courier Service Reference is made to your letter dated September 1, 1964, concerning a palm print which Lieutenant J . C . Day of the Dallas Police Department testified he lifted from the barrel of the assassination weapon, Commission Number 139 . This palm print lift has been compared with the assassination rifle in the FBI Laboratory . The Laboratory examiners were able to positively identify this lift as having com from the assassination rifle in the area of the wooden foregrip . This conclusion is based on a comparison of irregularities in the surface of the metal of the barrel with the impressions of these irregularities an shown in the lift . A photograph marked to show several of the irregularities referred to is attached. The results of the other investigation requested in your letter will be subsequently furnished . Sincerely yours, 

COMMISSION EXHIBIT NO. 2637

Only problem =  it cannot be confirmed coming off the rifle on 11/22.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Reasonable Doubt | Henry Hurt

“I just don’t believe there ever was a print,” said [FBI Agent Vincent] Drain.
He noted that there was increasing pressure on the Dallas police to build evidence in the case.

Asked to explain what might have happened, Agent Drain stated,

“All I can figure is that it [Oswald’s print] was some sort of cushion, because they were getting a lot of heat by Sunday night.
You could take the print off Oswald’s card and put it on the rifle. Something like that happened.”

https://jfk.boards.net/post/4933/thread
« Last Edit: August 12, 2024, 03:11:35 PM by Michael Capasse »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2024, 03:06:49 PM »

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2024, 03:22:29 PM »
Only problem =  it cannot be confirmed coming off the rifle on 11/22.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Reasonable Doubt | Henry Hurt

“I just don’t believe there ever was a print,” said [FBI Agent Vincent] Drain.
He noted that there was increasing pressure on the Dallas police to build evidence in the case.

Asked to explain what might have happened, Agent Drain stated,

“All I can figure is that it [Oswald’s print] was some sort of cushion, because they were getting a lot of heat by Sunday night.
You could take the print off Oswald’s card and put it on the rifle. Something like that happened.”

https://jfk.boards.net/post/4933/thread

Nor can it be confirmed LHO placed it on the barrel on 11/22. But it was on the barrel of the rifle.

So, this is the conspiracy theory? SA Drain speculating about something he knows nothing about.

Is that your opinion or just the opinion of a person with no fingerprint identification experience at all?

Offline Michael Capasse

« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2024, 04:10:52 PM »
Nor can it be confirmed LHO placed it on the barrel on 11/22. But it was on the barrel of the rifle.

So, this is the conspiracy theory? SA Drain speculating about something he knows nothing about.

Is that your opinion or just the opinion of a person with no fingerprint identification experience at all?

I posted what I needed to say. You continue with lame excuses.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2024, 04:10:52 PM »

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2024, 10:37:26 PM »
I posted what I needed to say. You continue with lame excuses.
What you stated was the conspiracy theory is built around the palmprint somehow having been supposedly planted on the barrel of the rifle but not by the FBI, who in the end authenticated the palmprint as having been from the barrel of the rifle and matching it to LHO. Clear as mud. Need to add anything further to the subject?

Offline Michael Capasse

« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2024, 11:32:50 PM »
What you stated was the conspiracy theory is built around the palmprint somehow having been supposedly planted on the barrel of the rifle but not by the FBI, who in the end authenticated the palmprint as having been from the barrel of the rifle and matching it to LHO. Clear as mud. Need to add anything further to the subject?

Typical nutter garbage. I won't waste my time.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2024, 11:53:20 PM by Michael Capasse »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2024, 02:38:29 AM »
lame.

What confused logic.  With or without the palmprint there is no doubt whatsoever that the rifle belonged to Oswald.  It has a serial number.  The rifle with that serial number was sent to Oswald's PO box.  Oswald was photographed holding that rifle.  It was left at Oswald's place of employment.  The print is just a cherry on top of the ice cream sundae of guilt.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2024, 02:38:29 AM »