Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Joe Biden's Legacy  (Read 6772 times)

Online Richard Smith

Re: Joe Biden's Legacy
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2024, 11:40:23 PM »
Advertisement
I didn't say it wasn't a near-death experience. It was. The video and photos are very disturbing to watch. The one death and two who had actual serious injuries are heart-wrenching.

I questioned your cult-like exaggeration of Der Messiah's pathetically-tiny wound being life-threatening, when you wrote:

"While he was still bleeding from a near death gun shot to the head."

There is no "exaggeration" about this.  He was bleeding from a near death gun shot to the head.  The bullet came within an inch of blowing his head off.  It was near death experience even if he had not been hit at all.  I know you are a Trump hater but if you are quibbling about this level of detail it might be time to turn off MSNBC.  To characterize a simple fact as "cult-like exaggeration" is the embodiment of Trump Derangement Syndrome.  Of course, the original point under the discussion was not the severity of Trump's wound but your profoundly stupid criticism that he should have broken away from the secret service to console those injured in the crowd.  One of the most laughable things I've ever read here.  Hopefully you were not serious.  Imagine Trump with his ear shot and bleeding and in a cauldron of secret service agents fighting his way through them to the crowd to administer aid to people he had no idea were injured.  Good grief.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2024, 11:40:23 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2024, 01:01:45 AM »
There is no "exaggeration" about this.  He was bleeding from a near death gun shot to the head.

Trump's tiny ear graze came closer to missing him all together than hitting him. The outer edge of his right was tilted out from his head.

The bullet came within an inch of blowing his head off.  It was near death experience even if he had not been hit at all.  I know you are a Trump hater but if you are quibbling about this level of detail it might be time to turn off MSNBC.  To characterize a simple fact as "cult-like exaggeration" is the embodiment of Trump Derangement Syndrome.  Of course, the original point under the discussion was not the severity of Trump's wound but your profoundly stupid criticism that he should have broken away from the secret service to console those injured in the crowd.  One of the most laughable things I've ever read here.  Hopefully you were not serious.  Imagine Trump with his ear shot and bleeding and in a cauldron of secret service agents fighting his way through them to the crowd to administer aid to people he had no idea were injured.  Good grief.

I made no such "profoundly stupid criticism" about Trump going over over to check on people -- cite it if I did. I wondered why all Trump, after he was lifted up, asked about was the condition of his shoes. I thought he might have had the decency to ask about others who might have took the bullets meant for him; I didn't expect he would go over to see how a "basement dweller" was doing. The Secret Service wouldn't allow that, but they did allow him to speak ... and all he could express was concern about was his shoes.

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2024, 01:45:37 AM »

Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS) is real.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2024, 01:45:37 AM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2024, 12:12:15 PM »

Trump's tiny ear graze came closer to missing him all together than hitting him. The outer edge of his right was tilted out from his head.

I made no such "profoundly stupid criticism" about Trump going over over to check on people -- cite it if I did. I wondered why all Trump, after he was lifted up, asked about was the condition of his shoes. I thought he might have had the decency to ask about others who might have took the bullets meant for him; I didn't expect he would go over to see how a "basement dweller" was doing. The Secret Service wouldn't allow that, but they did allow him to speak ... and all he could express was concern about was his shoes.

Attempting to trivialize as a "tiny ear graze" a rifle shot that came within an inch of blowing his head off is laughable.  Trump didn't ask "about the condition of his shoes."   That is a demonstrably false statement.  They were knocked off his feet and he wanted to retrieve them.  That is all beside the point, however,  Again, there is no way that the secret service was going to allow Trump to get back to the podium and ask if anyone was injured.  That is a profoundly stupid criticism. 

« Last Edit: September 05, 2024, 12:15:37 PM by Richard Smith »

Online Andrew Mason

• SPMLaw
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2024, 09:34:30 PM »
The supersonic shock wave does not deliver much energy. If the 10 gram bullet traveling at 1000 m/s loses on the order of 1 m/s per m of travel the energy imparted per m is:
1/2 m(v2-(v-1)2)=1/2 m(2v-1)=m(v-.5)=10 joules. And that is distributed in a cone over an entire metre. His ear opening is maybe 1cm and on one side of the cone. So the energy reaching the ear is 1/200th of that or .05J.  And the bullet would have to pass over the ear canal to impart some of that energy to the ear drum. In this case, the bullet passed an inch or so above the ear canal because it struck the upper part of the outer ear. 

What evidence is there that a bullet shock wave event applied directly over the ear canal will cause hearing loss ie. break an ear drum?
I think I have answered my question and I should apologize to Joe (Elliot, not Biden) for suggesting that he may be overstating the point.  It appears that it is possible for a shock wave from a bullet to damage a person's hearing. see:
"Auditory risk of exposure to ballistic N-waves from bullets", Gregory A Flamme, William J Murphy, International Journal of Audiology 2019 Feb,2019 Feb;58(sup1):S58-S64.

However, while the cone shaped shock wave (emanating from the tip of the supersonic bullet pushing through the air) can damage hearing, to do so the wave has to impart pressure toward the eardrum.  In this case the missile passed above the ear canal and right next to DJT's ear.  The bullet shock wave may have passed too obliquely to the opening of the ear canal to impart sufficient pressure on the ear drum to damage it. 

« Last Edit: September 05, 2024, 09:36:10 PM by Andrew Mason »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2024, 09:34:30 PM »

Offline Zeon Mason

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2024, 11:33:46 PM »
Fact: Trump had a legitimate reason to drop to the ground after he was aware of the whatever it was projectile that grazed by his ear.

But since I’m still a CT (more or less ) it would be an interesting exercise in speculation how Trump could have pulled off a fake injury to his ear.

One possibility is the use of a sharp ring in the hand that could puncture the ear lob.

But it’s doubtful that the doctor could be fooled unless the doctor was in on covering it up kind of like the Navy autopsy doctor who examined JFK and then tore up his notes.

I’m not sure how to integrate this into the topic of “Joe Bidens Legacy”other than to engage in more speculation that rhetoric from Biden about taking Trump behind the wood shed could have prompted The troubled Crooks to act out.

Thank you for reading this far and good day to to everyone on this JFK Forum regardless your particular bias either for or against the WC report and or the 2024 candidates/parties.

Offline Joe Elliott

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2024, 06:05:57 PM »
ECM was right about prosecutors being effective debaters. I think some effort should be taken by the Democratic party to encourage prosecutors to go into politics, the House, the Senate, run for Governor so that in twenty years, we have a crop of possible Presidential candidates who are former prosecutors.

When was the last time America had a presidential candidate who was so good at debating? Abraham Lincoln? Although, even there, Lincoln was best at preparing a speech and was relatively weak at responding to unexpected questions. And it is ironic, that in that era, presidential candidates did not debate, causing one of his strong points to be wasted. The Lincoln / Douglass debates occurred while they were running for the Senate in 1858, not for the presidency in 1860.

Dewey might have been quite good, but irrelevant since in 1944 and 1948, presidential candidates still did not debate each other. It was still considered 'Unpresidential'.

Another point. In the first Kennedy Lincoln debate, one reason Kennedy did better is he wore a suit that contrasted with the background. Nixon wore a grey suit that blended in with the background, at least on black and white TV, which the vast majority of TVs were. Last night, Trump worn a blue suit that blended in with the background while Harris black suit contrasted quite well with the background. A minor advantage.

Also, I think sitting on the right side, the stronger side in movies and TV gave a better advantage over having the last word, which Trump chose to do.

Finally, a word about President Biden. Yes, he did do the right thing in stepping down. But he was wise enough to do so after the Republican convention, making the attacks against Biden during the Republican convention a waste of time. Even more importantly, he threw all his support behind Harris. People forget but there was a lot of calls to not only have Biden step down but to have Harris bypassed as well. This would have been a disaster. It also helped that all the possible candidates, like Newsom and a host of others, put aside their ambitions and threw their support behind Harris. That is amazing and was critical for Harris to get the nomination effortless without Democrats shooting each other down.

In June of 2024, Joseph Biden was not the candidate we needed. But he was the president we needed. We are damm lucky to have had such a great president during this critical time. He didn't pick a running mate in 2020 from a swing state but the candidate he felt was best as a possible future president. He somehow got the country to recover from the mess Trump left us in, in time for the next election. He had the judgement to step down and the judgement to throw all his weight behind Harris, when others thought he should do differently. Not so sharp on stage anymore, and never was, but with a Lincoln like judgment on Presidential decisions, even into his eighties.

Harris is like a rising rocket right now. Biden is like the first stage of the Saturn V rocket which never gets to reach orbit and will fall back to Earth but which enables other parts of the rocket to go into orbit and later reach the moon.

Otto von Bismarck once said, "there is providence that protects idiots, drunkards, children, and the United States of America". I am not a religious man but it is amazing that when America gets into really bad trouble, and really bad trouble always comes from within, America is always able to find a Lincoln, or a Biden, or a Harris, to bail us out. I am still an agnostic but I am an agnostic who wonders.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2024, 06:07:48 PM by Joe Elliott »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2024, 06:39:53 PM »
ECM was right about prosecutors being effective debaters. I think some effort should be taken by the Democratic party to encourage prosecutors to go into politics, the House, the Senate, run for Governor so that in twenty years, we have a crop of possible Presidential candidates who are former prosecutors.

When was the last time America had a presidential candidate who was so good at debating? Abraham Lincoln? Although, even there, Lincoln was best at preparing a speech and was relatively weak at responding to unexpected questions. And it is ironic, that in that era, presidential candidates did not debate, causing one of his strong points to be wasted. The Lincoln / Douglass debates occurred while they were running for the Senate in 1858, not for the presidency in 1860.

Dewey might have been quite good, but irrelevant since in 1944 and 1948, presidential candidates still did not debate each other. It was still considered 'Unpresidential'.

Another point. In the first Kennedy Lincoln debate, one reason Kennedy did better is he wore a suit that contrasted with the background. Nixon wore a grey suit that blended in with the background, at least on black and white TV, which the vast majority of TVs were. Last night, Trump worn a blue suit that blended in with the background while Harris black suit contrasted quite well with the background. A minor advantage.

Also, I think sitting on the right side, the stronger side in movies and TV gave a better advantage over having the last word, which Trump chose to do.

Finally, a word about President Biden. Yes, he did do the right thing in stepping down. But he was wise enough to do so after the Republican convention, making the attacks against Biden during the Republican convention a waste of time. Even more importantly, he threw all his support behind Harris. People forget but there was a lot of calls to not only have Biden step down but to have Harris bypassed as well. This would have been a disaster. It also helped that all the possible candidates, like Newsom and a host of others, put aside their ambitions and threw their support behind Harris. That is amazing and was critical for Harris to get the nomination effortless without Democrats shooting each other down.

In June of 2024, Joseph Biden was not the candidate we needed. But he was the president we needed. We are damm lucky to have had such a great president during this critical time. He didn't pick a running mate in 2020 from a swing state but the candidate he felt was best as a possible future president. He somehow got the country to recover from the mess Trump left us in, in time for the next election. He had the judgement to step down and the judgement to throw all his weight behind Harris, when others thought he should do differently. Not so sharp on stage anymore, and never was, but with a Lincoln like judgment on Presidential decisions, even into his eighties.

Harris is like a rising rocket right now. Biden is like the first stage of the Saturn V rocket which never gets to reach orbit and will fall back to Earth but which enables other parts of the rocket to go into orbit and later reach the moon.

Otto von Bismarck once said, "there is providence that protects idiots, drunkards, children, and the United States of America". I am not a religious man but it is amazing that when America gets into really bad trouble, and really bad trouble always comes from within, America is always able to find a Lincoln, or a Biden, or a Harris, to bail us out. I am still an agnostic but I am an agnostic who wonders.

Comparing Kamala - who has yet to receive a single vote or implement a single policy - to Abraham Lincoln is as delusional as your baseless claim that Trump was not hit by a bullet.  That is far out tin foil hat stuff.  And Biden didn't "step down."  He was forced out in a coup after winning the primaries where 15 million voters elected him as the Dem nominee.  He said that he would drop out only if God almighty told him too.  He was forced out like in a banana republic.  Likely with a promise to pardon his multiple felon son.  The Dems staged an insurrection to remove him from office because they knew that he could not win.  Imagine being such a terrible incumbent president that your own party forces you out of office even after he won the primary.  It's never happened in US history.  He is the worst president in modern US history.  Arguably ever.  No one even knows where he is at.  A complete non-factor.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2024, 06:39:53 PM »