Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: What The ARRB Was Supposed to Collect  (Read 407 times)

Online Mitch Todd

What The ARRB Was Supposed to Collect
« on: September 16, 2024, 12:53:56 AM »
Advertisement
In the past couple of weeks, I've noticed that a couple of posters on different boards have made an issue over JFK-related photos and other artefacts that were not turned over to the ARRB in the 1990s. Most recently, there's a kerfluffle over the Darnell film being given by NBC to the Sixth Floor Library. Just for reference, the JFK assassination records act orders that all "assassination records" be turned over the NARA. However, the act defines "assassination record" thus:

(2) "Assassination record" means a record that is related to the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, that was created or made available for use by, obtained by, or otherwise came into the possession of—
   (A) the Commission to Investigate the Assassination of President John F. Kennedy (the Warren Commission");
   (B) the Commission on Central Intelligence Agency Activities Within the United States (the "Rockefeller Commission");
   (C) the Senate Select Committee to Study Governmental Operations with Respect to Intelligence Activities (the "Church Committee");
   (D) the Select Committee on Intelligence (the "Pike Committee") of the House of Representatives;
   (E) the Select Committee on Assassinations (the "House Assassinations Committee") of the House of Representatives;
   (F) the Library of Congress;
   (G) the National Archives and Records Administration;
   (H) any Presidential library;
   (I) any Executive agency;
   (J) any independent agency;
   (K) any other office of the Federal Govermment; and
   (L) any State or local law enforcement office that provided support or assistance or performed work in connection with a Federal inquiry into the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, but does not include the autopsy records donated by the Kennedy family to the National Archives pursuant to a deed of gift regulating access to those records, or copies and reproductions made from such records.

That is, only government entities were required to turn over JFKA material to NARA. Private parties were not covered by the Act. BTW, "independent agencies" refers to a specific class of government or government-sponsored entities that have regulatory powers or are semi-independent of the executive branch. The latter class contains groups like Amtrack, USPS, and the Peace Corps .

I'm still surprised that people still argue over this.

JFK Assassination Forum

What The ARRB Was Supposed to Collect
« on: September 16, 2024, 12:53:56 AM »

Online Royell Storing

Re: What The ARRB Was Supposed to Collect
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2024, 02:04:05 AM »
 "Assassination Record" issue aside, why did NBC refuse to give the ARRB their Darnell Film?
  The Darnell Film/Sixth Floor Museum (0:44) posted on You Tube, only shows Darnell film footage captured while Darnell was moving down the South side of Elm St. Why has the Sixth Floor Museum NOT gone public with the remainder of the Darnell film? Currently missing from the You Tube Sixth Floor Museum/Darnell Film is: (1) Roger Craig train yard footage which also captured images of the "No Glove Cop", and (2) Film Footage of the Sitzman interview. I believe the Sitzman interview also shows the "No Hat Cop" that Gordon Arnold detailed having assaulted him inside Dealey Plaza during the JFK assassination. The Gordon Arnold "No Hat Cop"  has been laughed at for decades.   
« Last Edit: September 16, 2024, 02:07:58 AM by Royell Storing »

Online Mitch Todd

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2024, 03:48:06 AM »
"Assassination Record" issue aside, why did NBC refuse to give the ARRB their Darnell Film?
Maybe you should ask NBC, since it was their decision? Or is this one of those questions you ask while presuming the answer from the get-go?

The Darnell Film/Sixth Floor Museum (0:44) posted on You Tube, only shows Darnell film footage captured while Darnell was moving down the South side of Elm St. Why has the Sixth Floor Museum NOT gone public with the remainder of the Darnell film?
They've said that they are in the process of digitizing the WBAP-TV collection (they got a lot more than just the Darnell film), so that may be all they have at this point. You didn't read the press release?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2024, 03:48:06 AM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2024, 02:30:04 PM »
Maybe you should ask NBC, since it was their decision? Or is this one of those questions you ask while presuming the answer from the get-go?

They've said that they are in the process of digitizing the WBAP-TV collection (they got a lot more than just the Darnell film), so that may be all they have at this point. You didn't read the press release?

I do Not waste time asking questions "while presuming the answer from the get-go".  That only wastes time that I have earmarked for my JFK Assassination research.
   Just me, but I would prefer the release of an entire/complete JFK Assassination Film vs this possible piecemeal arrangement. The Darnell Film holds a lot of secrets. I am still waiting for anyone to tell me WHO the Darnell Film shows standing at the corner of Elm/Houston with a camera to their face pointed at Camera Car #1 as it travels down Elm St. Darnell is filming this camera man, Wiegman is already physically on The Knoll, and Couch is seated inside Camera Car #3. Whatever this hat wearing camera man captured would be very important. The Knoll is in the background of his possibly filming Camera Car #1.     
« Last Edit: September 16, 2024, 05:19:41 PM by Royell Storing »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2024, 02:30:04 PM »