Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: 100th Anniversary Of J.D. Tippit's Birthday  (Read 1055 times)

Offline Bill Brown

100th Anniversary Of J.D. Tippit's Birthday
« on: September 19, 2024, 04:38:36 AM »
Advertisement

JFK Assassination Forum

100th Anniversary Of J.D. Tippit's Birthday
« on: September 19, 2024, 04:38:36 AM »

Online Charles Collins

Re: 100th Anniversary Of J.D. Tippit's Birthday
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2024, 11:05:29 AM »
Thanks for posting the link to that well-written article. JD Tippit was a brave hero both in WWII and on 11/22/63.

Offline David Monaghan

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2024, 01:14:27 AM »
You think? I reckon we had a guy acting wild pulling over random cars, knee deep.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2024, 01:14:27 AM »

Offline Duncan MacRae

• Administrator
    • JFK Assassination Photographs
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2024, 11:55:04 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2024, 06:19:37 PM »
Murray Jackson

Thanks Duncan, if I understand Murray Jackson correctly, he said that someone, immediately prior to the radio transmission by a citizen, telephoned into DPD a report of a disturbance involving a police officer in that same area. That’s interesting!

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2024, 06:19:37 PM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2024, 03:43:35 AM »

Thanks Duncan, if I understand Murray Jackson correctly, he said that someone, immediately prior to the radio transmission by a citizen, telephoned into DPD a report of a disturbance involving a police officer in that same area. That’s interesting!

Charles,

Mary Wright heard the shots and called the police "immediately" (her word).  Murray Jackson is not aware that Tippit has been shot until Bowley reports it using the patrol car radio.  Bowley's report is at 1:16/1:17.  This confirms that the time of the shooting occurred just a minute or two before Bowley's report.  If the shooting had occurred earlier, then Jackson would have already known about it by the time Bowley made his report because Jackson would have already received notice of the call by Mary Wright.  We know Jackson was unaware of the shooting when Bowley made his report because the first thing Jackson does, once Bowley gives the location, is call out for 78 (Tippit's call number).

This is yet one more piece of proof that the shooting occurred at roughly 1:15 and not as early as 1:07 to 1:10.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2024, 11:15:12 AM »
Charles,

Mary Wright heard the shots and called the police "immediately" (her word).  Murray Jackson is not aware that Tippit has been shot until Bowley reports it using the patrol car radio.  Bowley's report is at 1:16/1:17.  This confirms that the time of the shooting occurred just a minute or two before Bowley's report.  If the shooting had occurred earlier, then Jackson would have already known about it by the time Bowley made his report because Jackson would have already received notice of the call by Mary Wright.  We know Jackson was unaware of the shooting when Bowley made his report because the first thing Jackson does, once Bowley gives the location, is call out for 78 (Tippit's call number).

This is yet one more piece of proof that the shooting occurred at roughly 1:15 and not as early as 1:07 to 1:10.

Thanks Bill. I agree. Do you know where Mary Wright was located at the time of the shots? Could she see what was going on?

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2024, 11:49:20 AM »
Thanks Bill. I agree. Do you know where Mary Wright was located at the time of the shots? Could she see what was going on?

I realized I could try to look this up myself. Here is what a search in Dale Myers’ book “With Malice” for Mary Wright turned up:

Frank Wright jumped off his front porch and ran down toward Tippit’s patrol car, as his wife, Mary phoned the police. “I ran to the telephone,” Mary Wright told researchers. “I didn’t look in the book or anything. I ran to the telephone, picked it up and dialed ‘O.’ I said, ‘Call the police, a man’s been shot!’” [408]

Dudley M. Hughes, Jr. took the phone call from the Dallas police, who gave Hughes the address of the shooting — “501 East Tenth” — actually the address of Mary Wright. Hughes filled out the ambulance call slip, put it into a time clock and stamped it 1:18 P.M., November 22nd. [485]

From Dale Myers’ timeline:

[1:15:40] Mrs. Mary Wright and Barbara Davis phone police from their homes.

[1:18:00] Dallas Police relay the call for an ambulance to the Dudley Hughes Funeral Home. The address given is 501 East Tenth, home of Frank and Mary Wright.

From footnote 424:

Two other witnesses – L.J. Lewis and Mary Wright –notified police of the shooting via the telephone. Both calls were received within a minute of Bowley’s transmission, providing strong evidence that the shooting occurred shortly before 1:17 p.m.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2024, 11:49:20 AM »